edited July 2022 in ORK Support
Something like that):
https://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info24688-TinyTooltip.html

Currently only description is shown.

Where can I configure what to show?
@gamingislove
Post edited by TextusGames on
  • You can't add that information to the description - but you can display bonuses of passive abilities and equipment via the < bonus> text code (withouth the space after <) in the description.

Wherever you show the ability, there are additional text codes available (e.g. in a menu screen or battle menu) to add additional information, but you can't add it to the description.
    The available text codes for those kind of informations are listed above the text area. For menus, this is defined by the content layout (e.g. the <i>Ability menu part via the Ability Content Layout, using a Custom content type to add information via text codes).

Or when e.g. displaying a tooltip HUD, you can add all kind of information via text codes or value bars to represent stuff like reuse time.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks.
    I was able to display tooltip.
    But I was not able to display specific information of currently displayed ability (exept name and description).
    In tooltip prefab in HUD text content component I was not able to find the way to know the codes I need to insert in order to view current abilities cost, current ability damage and so on, nothing about current ability. (for concrete abilities there are codes)
    How do I do that?
    Suggestion. Create advanced tutorial about how to make an advanced ability tooltip.
    @gamingislove
  • Use ORK HUD components for more detailed information.

E.g. the general ORK HUD Text Content added via the context menu: ORK > HUD > Content > Text Content

Or the more specific ORK HUD Status Text Content, where you can add specific information about a selected thing (e.g. ability or item), which doesn't display if the displayed content doesn't match the selected type: ORK > HUD > Content > Status Text Content
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2022
    @gamingislove
    Thanks
    ORK > HUD > Content > Status Text Content
    I was able to display costs.

But how do I display a potential Damage of an ability? (status values change of target)
  • You can't, currently.
    Displaying that requires a target, so it can't be displayed just in an information display like that.

There are options to display changes to user/target during target selections, see the Target Dialogues in Battles > Target Settings.
  • We should think how to display "Damage" type of info.
    It is pretty standart for ability tooltips to display damage.
    Players need a way to define what one ability is more powerful than another.

First thing that came to my mind was a dummy combatant of same level as a player.
    Just show the status values change provided by ability on that combatant as a target :)
  • Yeah, having a dummy combatant for those kinds of displays was my first idea as well.
    I'll look into it for future updates.
  • Will be in the next update.
    Content layouts and ORK HUD Status Text Content (for Ability and Item) will have text codes for user changes and target changes.

How they're displayed will be defined in UI > Text Display Settings, alongside defining a dummy target.
  • edited July 2022
    Thanks.
    Awesome.

Will it be possible to replace dummy combatant with any combatant at runtime.
    Maybe not out of the box but still?

For example someone can create Ui to allow player to show changes done by ability on concrete combatant. Player can check they abilities on let say skeleton and find out that fireball makes most damage on him. But zero damage on fire elemental (when he swith tooltip target to FireElemental).

It would be amazing if we could allow player to choose the tooltip's target combatant. (maybe user combatant too)

@gamingislove
  • Good idea - I'll add an option to use the tooltip combatant (if one is available).
  • Menu Screens, Battle Menus, etc.: Content Layout: ‘User/Target Changes’ text codes available. Display the status changes for the user and target of abilities and items using text codes. The text codes are replaced by the information defined in ‘UI > Text Display Settings > Status Change Display’.
    Thank you!

Tested this and it works)

But sadly this does not respect combotants attack/defence attributes.

@gamingislove

I was showing Fire attack tooltip on dragon combatant and hp change is not affected by attack modifier (fire element)

Will attack attributes influence be reflected in tooltips someday?
  • Hm, will check that - attack/defence modifiers should already be part of the displayed changes.
  • Tested it and works fine here.
    The attack/defence modifier changes are adjusted by the dummy target's values (or when using the tooltip combatant, the combatant the cursor is over).
  • edited July 2022
    Sorry.
    I rechecked and it indeed works.
    My dummy combatant was somehow Wasp but i was changing Dragon .))

It is good that it is working.

Thank You!
  • @gamingislove How DO I display the damage of a SKILL when SELECTING a target?