edited July 2022 in ORK Support
Good morning!

I encounter a small misunderstanding with the cursors in combat.

I have set up a custom cursor that spawns on the child cursor of my characters. It works perfectly when I choose a target but on the other hand there is no way to have a cursor above the active fighting player (team of 6) who is in selecting actions.

Cursor for player characters spawn at Y+40 and does not seem to take into account the empty Cursor object (which serves as a child to make the spawn) that I created on each character but this is only the case for the player characters.
On the enemies my cursor spawn well as a child of the Cursor object.

I have configured in target settings>target Highlight the target highlight part and the user highlight part exactly the same way so it makes me a little confused.
Post edited by omeegaa on
  • Might be the scale of the combatants affecting it - when using Local Space for the cursor placement, you can enable to Ignore Scale.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I have check and the scale is the same and I check the box for ignoring the scale but still the same problem.
    What is surprising is that cursor spawning as children of Cursor for ennemies but spawning at children of the root of the prefab for the players with the same parameter(bone of the carater ,name of the path in the settings etc).

Is there another menu that allows to generate the cursor spawn?
  • There are:
    - Target Highlight in Battles > Target Settings to highlight a selected target
    - Group/Individual Target Settings in Battles > Target Settings (if you use them)
    - User Highlight in UI > Battle Menus to highlight the user of the currently open battle menu

If you're using grid battles, there's also a bunch of (cell-based) highlights in Battles > Battle Grid Higlights, and raycast targeting can also display a cursor at the position of the raycast.

If you're targeting a child object with your cursor setup, make sure the combatants all have that child object - otherwise the cursor will be placed via the root of their game object.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Found it ! It was in User Highlight in UI > Battle Menus ! ^^
    Well it was set very differently in this menu so the cursor was appearing at y+40. Thanks GIL ;)