Hey there.

I'm crafting my game menus and another issue has struck me.
I have only the group leader in the field, but in menu I need to show the character models of group and non group members.

I tried doing It as usual, creating a camera inside the character prefab that outputs into a render texture, and setting this render texture to an avatar type (Full mody model).

The issue is that the field leader profile is rendered, but other characters don't.

OFC after 5 minutes I realized that since they are not instantiated there was no cameras to render the texture.

Is there anyway to setup this?
  • You can use ORK's prefab view portraits for this. They spawn prefabs for your combatants (or items, equipment, etc.) and handle the camera/texture stuff.

The default prefab view settings can be found in UI > UI Settings > ORK UI Settings > Prefab View Settings. You can define the camera (prefab) and render texture stuff here.
    To use a prefab view portrait to a combatant, add a regular portrait and enable Use Prefab View in it. It'll use the prefab of the combatant but can optionally also use a defined prefab.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you @gamingislove !

I just got it working! I fumbled along until I discovered the offset (prefabs were spawning on top of each other), and now works like a charm!

• Hm, that's strange - the default setup in a new project should already spawn them with an offset of -10 on the Y-axis to prevent that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!