I am trying to use ork 3 in a vr game .Has anyone found a way to make a different ui for this
  • There is a VR framework on the asset store that comes with a lot of very useful features (including VR UI) that will help you make a VR game, and using the event system it comes with you can tie it to Ork.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • You can use canvas prefabs in UI > UI Layers to create special canvas setups for an UI layer. The event system used by ORK/Makinom can also optionally use a prefab (or not create one at all), that's set up in UI > UI System.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you ,that got me started in the right direction.I now have a menue displaying in world view,but there is a default canvas that is also trying to render but it is not in world view.
    I cant seem to find where the seting is so i can change it.
    My canvas is on layer 1 and both renders and is interactable
  • edited July 2022
    A default UI layer (canvas) is created automatically as a fallback (e.g. if a UI box or HUD didn't define which layer they go on). I don't think there's currently a prefab setup for that - I'll look into it.

Edit: Next update will remove the _default canvas (which has no setup) and use the first UI layer as the default layer.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you ,so far every thing else seems to be working
  • ORK 3.5 is already available, including the change I talked about.
  • Things Are going Fine Until wanted to do damage since this is VR I wont be using attack actions or selection of enemy I will use the weapon that I pick up in the game to attack with.
    I cant seem to figure out how to keep a damage dealer on so that when I hit the enemy damage takes place
    How would I go about doing this

Thanks
  • Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
  • I found that trigger machines work nicely to deal damage,
    But I am now having trouble spawning a fireball on child object the path to child object
    should be (Robot/Weapon/BulletSpawn) apparently I am entering it wrong but I cant see how,
    I would really appreciate some advice.
    Thanks
  • If Robot is the name of your game object's root, you need to omit that, so Weapon/BulletSpawn would be the correct path.
  • Thank You
  • I am having problems with the menu ,the start menu works fine but after the game is running
    if I call a menu I no longer have a pointer I have been stuck on this for a few days
  • Not sure how the pointer is handled in VR - if it's similar to the regular mouse cursor in Unity, there are ways to lock/unlock and show/hide the cursor.

E.g. schematics have Change Cursor State and Change Cursor Visible nodes to manage that for the mouse cursor.
    If VR uses the same functionality, you could add an open schematic to your menu to show/unlock the cursor and a close schematic to lock/hide it again.
  • I believe the problem is that outside the start scene the event camera is not defined
  • I'm not really familiar with VR - how's that event camera defined?
    Shouldn't be too hard to do that for other scenes as well.

E.g. if it's part of the UI/canvas - you can have the camera as part of a canvas prefab used by a UI layer.