For some reason my party members don't follow along with the player character, they remain in the same location they spawn at and then auto-respawn next to the player character when they they reach the pre-determined distance range denoted in the editor.
They still have their idle animation, I can still swap out to those stationary characters and walk around as them however the group members still remain idle. The terrain layer is also set to default and they are properly spawned on the surface of the terrain.

I have revisited the 'follow me' tutorial fully and ensured the that settings and schematics are identical, however this behaviour still persists.

Any solutions would be great, thanks.
  • Are you using NavMesh? I ran into this same issue before where the party members wouldn't follow until they hit the teleport range (or they respawned) and the solution ended up being that I needed to rebake the NavMesh but override the voxel size and slightly decrease the size / increase the ratio (more voxels per area).
  • The move AI moves the combatants based on their movement component.
    The default for all combatants is set up in Combatants > Combatants > General Settings in the Animations & Movement > Default Movement Component settings. Each combatant can optionally override it in their own Animations & Movement settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2022
    Thanks @Acissathar ive seen you helping people on the discord too, it’s much appreciated!

@gamingislove all the settings there are set up properly as far as I can see from my testing and comparison.

The weird thing is that I have the demo scene in the project too and they follow along fine on that. This makes me think that the navmesh and the settings are ok, but it’s something about the scene itself that the group aren’t registering.

In our game scene that they just keep standing stationary with the idle animation then teleporting.
    I can still swap out to each of the group members to make them the primary character, walk around and their animations still work fine. It’s just that the group members don’t walk alongside.

Quite strange, is there something scene related that could be causing this issue?
    Post edited by BoostG on
  • Might be - though when using the Default (simple move) movement component, that's pretty simple and dumb and just moves the combatants.
    When using NavMesh, it might be a wrong setup in the scene or need a rebake.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2022
    Hi I'm having a similar issue where the Move AI is working but group is not following.

Group spawns in formation.
    Group members respawn once range is reached.

Inspector shows:
    Is Dead False
    Faction Player
    Move AI Follow Leader
    Blocked False
    Can Use True
    Mode Follow
    Use Mode Auto
    Target Position (updates as the leader moves around as it should)
    Target Combatant (Once the leader moves out of the Range threshold their name pops up)

I turned off auto stop, move range, POIs.

All the combatants have a character controller component and Default Movement component is set in Combatants->Combatants-> General settings. All combatants move fine as the player character controlled/leader.

Messed around with the Range on follow and it changes accordingly for when the combatant name is shown in inspector as Target Combatant.

Tried use Leader Position instead of range.

Disabled Give way.

Combatants have Own Move AI / Use Move AI (obviously since the script shows in inspector)
    Default Move AI set to Follow Leader as well.

Tried starting game through start menu instead of my test scene in case was some sort of initilization , same thing.

Where do I have this blocked at? ugh LOL

Thanks!
    Post edited by GeneralK on
  • Did a quick test and works fine here.
    Make sure the Default Movement Component (or combatant's individual override) has Add Component enabled, or have the movement component added to their prefabs. Are you using Default or Nav Mesh Agent (or something else) as the movement component?
  • It was the Add component, I can't believe I looked right at those settings and didn't check that box DOH :)

Thanks again!