In a schematic, How do I select multiple game objects, with the same name, which are children of the machine object (so I can then use a 'select selected data' node to choose 1 at random)?

I've been trying to use a 'Select Game Objects' node but I can only get it to choose the first of the children. I also tried 'Select Components' on their Transforms, but can still only figure out how to select the first one.

Thanks!

• edited July 2022
    Try using a Search Objects node to search for game objects by their name.
    I'm not 100% sure if Unity's game object search will also find child objects, though.

Edit: I'll add an option to use the (direct) child objects of the used game object to the Select Game Objects node.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2022
    It does work with Search Objects, but I'm going to have a lot of objects searching a lot of objects, so for performance reasons, I'd like to be able to narrow the search to just the children.

If I'm understanding your edit correctly, I think that should work. Thanks!
    Post edited by SpaceDoubt on
  • Yeah, next update will have the update for the Select Game Objects node to make this easy and performant :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!