• Those passive combatants are basically destructible props needed to track when and how much damage different factions are dealing to each other's assets.

These passive combatants have no AI, no movement, no abilities, no equipment, no schematics...nothing. Basically all I need from them is their status values and be able to react to status effects and abilities from player and "active" AIs (which are not that many).
  • I followed your suggestion to increase the AI decision time on my passive AIs (I set it to infinity just to be on the safe side) worked like a charm and now my framerate is back, thank you so much!

I noticed though that now combatants are not disappearing when they reach 0 HP, even though their Combatants > Battle Settings > Death Settings Own death settings = true and Keep prefab = false.
  • edited July 2022
    Hm, are they working as they should when you'd add the combatant via an Add Combatant component instead of a script?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I tried spawning it through the regular combatant spawner and it got destroyed as expected.
    I am not quite sure what you mean by adding the combatant via an Add Combatant component though..
  • The Add Combatant component can be used to add a combatant to a game object in your scene, i.e. without spawning the combatant's prefab.

Could you send me a small Unity test project with your setup and custom script stuff?
    It'll probably be easier to identify the issue that way :)

You can reduce a project's size by deleting the Library folder from the Unity project's folder. Zip it up, upload it to dropbox, gdrive, etc. and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Much appreciated man!
    It will take me few days to reduce my project to a reasonable size (without breaking it), as soon as I have it, I'll send you the link :)