• edited July 2022
    Not sure if this is actually a bug or just something that seems inconsistent...

Text code 'name' is not working for special commands (tried Grid Move & None commands), but 'description' works fine. In a battle menu with "Use Action Info" selected, descriptions defined in Battle Texts will show up, but not Name/Short Name.
    Post edited by Scyra on
  • @Scyra
    Where and how did you define that?
    Did a quick test with a battle menu using Custom content layout to show name text code (and description), both worked fine for the special commands.
    Did you define the content information for those commands in Battles > Battle Texts?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Possible Bug in ORK3.5:

When copying a previously made spell/ability - changing the effects prefab (say Wind) does not end up actually changing it. So if I had a tornado effect for wind and copied the entire ability and just changed the prefab for the Battle Animation to a gust effect - it keeps the original prefab effect in battle (shows the original tornado effect, yet lists the new one in the editor.

Creating a new ability does not reproduce issue, only when using the editor copy function.
  • edited July 2022
    Bug ORK 3.5 Unity 2021.3.6f1LTS

Getting a ton of these errors - only seems to happen when opening a schematic.

Error 1:

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

Error 2:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.SchematicsTab.ShowNodeSettings (System.Boolean setScrollHeight) (at <8483b1fa0b80413fa51d2d527a505360>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.SchematicsSection.ShowSchematicEditor (System.Int32& historyChange) (at <8483b1fa0b80413fa51d2d527a505360>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at <8483b1fa0b80413fa51d2d527a505360>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition) (at <44a70d1b13cf47e29810e30f45ffae08>:0)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect) (at <44a70d1b13cf47e29810e30f45ffae08>:0)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at <44a70d1b13cf47e29810e30f45ffae08>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <7096c6494db14f0c807ca461735e58a8>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

*EDIT - looks like this could be a Unity bug, that they chose not to resolve:

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/gui-and-nullreferenceexception-errors-are-thrown-when-entering-play-mode
    Post edited by theProject on
  • edited July 2022
    gamingislove said: @Scyra
    Where and how did you define that?
    Hi Gil. It's UI > Battles Menus > Option 3 & 5, which for me is Type: Grid Move and End. My other Battle Menu Options like Attack and Abilities show the name from text code properly.

I'm using UI > Battle Menus > Description Settings > Show Description > Content Description > Use Custom Content > 'name' text code. The Description Box itself is one of the tutorial prefabs: Blue Center Fit.

With this setting it shows names of attacks and abilities, but nothing for special commands unless I set them to "Use Action Info," which then pulls in the description from Battles > Battle Texts, but not the name.
    Post edited by Scyra on
  • edited July 2022
    @theProject
    Hm, I'll investigate.
    For the copy issue - does restarting Unity help? Might be an issue with not using domain reload when playing.

Edit: Tested those issues, but not happening for me.
    The copied ability has the correct prefab and opening a schematic doesn't throw any errors (neither in editor nor in play mode).
    Can you give me a bit more information how to reproduce this?

Edit 2: After more testing, seems like renaming something causes the data changes not being saved.
    I'll do some more tests.

Edito 3: Alright, quickfix update for the data issue is now available in Makinom 2.6.1 (and ORK 3.5.0.a in the asset store).

@Scyra
    Ah, for the description display - yeah, also getting it there.
    Will be fixed.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove haha - as always you got it right away. For speed of creating like abilities, I copy a lot and modify what needs modifying -
    Glad you were able to find it.

The other issue is definitely a Unity quirk, doesn’t hurt me at all and is completely random - they don’t even worry about it. Thanks for the help!
  • edited July 2022
    theProject said: The other issue is definitely a Unity quirk, doesn’t hurt me at all and is completely random - they don’t even worry about it. Thanks for the help!
    I think you are right about that. I'm pretty sure I had that happen before and it was basically the same as the common error you'll get in Play Mode if you are running two Inspector windows—harmless, but it won't stop throwing NullReferenceException errors until you restart. See MMalone's post below.
    gamingislove said: @Scyra
    Ah, for the description display - yeah, also getting it there.
    Will be fixed.
    Good to hear. I like that description display feature.
    Post edited by Scyra on
  • If schematic page is active when I stop play mode an exception occures.

Repro:
    * Editor can be opened before or after entering play mode.
    * Open editor and go to the schematics page.
    * Be in play mode.
    * Stop play mode with either keyboard or UI (button).

Result:
    * Schematic page goes blank.
    * The following exception appears many times.

GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.SchematicsTab.ShowNodeSettings (System.Boolean setScrollHeight) (at <5a3d5856855b4f2d92f101f995334e21>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.SchematicsSection.ShowSchematicEditor (System.Int32& historyChange) (at <5a3d5856855b4f2d92f101f995334e21>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at <5a3d5856855b4f2d92f101f995334e21>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition) (at <44a70d1b13cf47e29810e30f45ffae08>:0)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect) (at <44a70d1b13cf47e29810e30f45ffae08>:0)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at <44a70d1b13cf47e29810e30f45ffae08>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <7096c6494db14f0c807ca461735e58a8>:0)

Thank you,
    MMalone
  • Tick Machine (on a prefab) doesn't get saved.

Repro:
    * open 3D RPG Playground project.
    * select an enemy (but don't open the prefab).
    * add a "Tick Machine" to the enemy prefab.
    * check "Start Types" to be "Update".
    * (optional) add a schematic.
    * close unity.
    * open the project again.
    * select the prefab that you changed.

Results:
    * "Tick Machine" set to it's default state.

If you open the prefab then "Tick Machine" state is saved.
  • @theProject @MMalone @Scyra
    The schematic editor issue will be fixed in the next update, found the culprit :)

The prefab editing not saving outside of prefab edit mode should also be fixed, at least in my tests I was able to solve it.
  • Jump list disappears when scrolling down a section page.

Repro:
    * navigate to "Status\Abilities".
    * pick any ability.
    * using scrollbar (or mouse wheel), scroll down.

Results:
    * at some point during the scroll the jump list pane will disappear.

ORK: 3.5.0
    Unity: 2021.3.7f1

Thanks,
    MMalone
  • @MMalone
    Not happening for me - do you get any error in the Unity console when this happens?
  • @gamingislove Running into a similar stack dump as the Play Mode exit exception when trying to add a Node Group too, from a quick glance looks like the same issue though?

GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.SchematicsTab.ShowNodeSettings (System.Boolean setScrollHeight) (at <715948eb55bb4c3ab71f25f853b98f07>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.SchematicsSection.ShowSchematicEditor (System.Int32& historyChange) (at <715948eb55bb4c3ab71f25f853b98f07>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at <715948eb55bb4c3ab71f25f853b98f07>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition) (at <33518779906b403ba9f96eccba6a861b>:0)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect) (at <33518779906b403ba9f96eccba6a861b>:0)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at <33518779906b403ba9f96eccba6a861b>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <7f157a18f174494d95b4f32b68f44272>:0)
  • No errors in console. I attached a debugger and no exceptions were thrown.

Don't have the editor window maximized (didn't repro for me in this case). Resize smaller (you may have to play with how small).

I tried to debug the ORK source code but couldn't find the issue.

Thank you,
    MMalone