I have an issue with Item Collector - it doesn't matter if Destroy Object is ticked or not, Item is destroyed after collection anyway. Is that intended? I've tried to disable scene ID's, that doesn't change anything.
Why I want to disable destroying item? I want it to synchronize with my pick up animation, that picked up item disappears only when NPC hands are near it, because now it disappears immediately as animation starts and it looks bad as NPC reaches for an item that is no longer there. So as I understand I need to use custom schematics for that or is there another way to delay destroying item?
  • The item prefab is destroyed in any case - the Destroy Object setting only manages if the game object the item collector is attached to will be destroyed.

E.g. if you have the collector attached to some environmental object like a crate, you probably don't want that destroyed.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove , so there is no way to delay destroying the item prefab to synchronise it with animation?
  • Currently not, but the collection happens (and destroys the object) after the animation finished playing. When using Mecanim, make sure the animation duration setup is correct, or it doesn't report the play time.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove , oh, perfect. I did not set animation lenght, so that's why item disappeared instantly. Now it works as I wanted(I wrote time, that is shorter, than animation itself, so now item disapears in the middle of animation, when the hand is near item).