I'm trying to use the 'add to/remove from inventory' schematic nodes with selected data but that takes away the ability to control the quantity.

More specifically, I'm using 'Select Item' to select items from the inventory that match a filter, then 'Select Selected Data' to select the first one from that list. I then wish to remove/drop a single quantity of that item, but it drops the entire stack.
  • edited August 2022
    I'll look into it.

Edit: Working as intended here - the quantity that's added/removed comes from the selected data, where you define the quantity that's stored in selected data.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm still not seeing how to remove a single quantity from an inventory slot.

I use 'Select Item' with a filter, I then use 'Select Selected Data' to get the first one. Next I use 'Remove From Inventory' on this selected data, but this drops the full quantity, I only want to drop 1. How do I drop just one?
  • The quantity is currently defined in the Select Item node.
    I'll add new options to the other inventory nodes that use selected data to optionally define a quantity there instead of the quantity stored in selected data.

The Select Selected Data node doesn't work here due to the item stack being one thing stored in selected data. So, it's a single item with e.g. a quantity of 10, not 10 individual items (just like they're stored in the inventory).
    Though, if your inventory auto splits stuff and you select 10 of an item, you'd have 10 separate items (as they're in the inventory).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sounds good! That will be super useful.

Thank you for all you do!