edited August 2022 in Makinom Support
Ive been looking around the website in search of a page or document that has all of the schematics Nodes and their uses listed out, does one exist?

Someone in the discord has recently asked this question and there's yet to be anyone who knows there.

Such a document would be a reference tool in learning Makinom and in understanding its capacity and versatility.
Post edited by GuSt on
  • edited August 2022
    There's the general documentation on schematics available to learn about the basics.

There aren't different types of schematics, there are just schematics - and they can do whatever you set them up to do. So, it's hard to really document it all :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2022
    It seems the intent of the question has been lost in communication, I meant to refer to the nodes not the schematics. If you thought I was meaning the schematics then that’s a fair response, given that they can be used for a near unlimited bespoke purposes depending upon the nodes and references :)
    “There are over 400 nodes available for different tasks, and you can add new nodes via scripting or call custom code and 3rd party functionality using function nodes.”
    Having those specific 400+ nodes in a document would be useful for learners as the ork user expressed in the discord.

Post edited by GuSt on
  • I may be pointing out the obvious, but if you press "a" you'll get the full list of all nodes that start with "a."
  • edited August 2022
    Thanks @Scyra yes I’m aware of that and the description in the left corner that appears when a node is selected. That is the reason why I am asking, since that information exists in the editor. Just like most things, having it in a doc format is useful to be able to plan, control+f and learn with. Otherwise the way to do so is to create 400 nodes individually (I think i read somewhere that there’s 600+ now) and read and test to see what they do (which is what I have and others been doing).
    Because of this I feel like I’m just scratching the surface of makinoms potential. If the power is there but a user doesn’t find it, then to the user it may as well not exist. If people were able to see the versatility and have a bird eye understanding of the node system then it would reduce the learning curve and allow people that don’t have ork to see the variety of node uses. It is what most other non code assets that I have used in the past have done.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W2

So I’m essentially seeing if a document sorted by category like in the editor, with the name and description underneath exists. I assumed it did since it’s a core feature of makinom, many other important features can be found in docs with ork and makinom, but if it doesn’t exist it would certainly be a useful resource.
    Post edited by GuSt on
  • edited August 2022
    There are 872 nodes, not counting 3 "Add Group" nodes, which appear to be bugged.
    GuSt said: So I’m essentially seeing if a document sorted by category like in the editor, with the name and description underneath exists.
    It doesn't exist. The question has been asked before. It's 8 hours of work just to add the names and descriptions to a spreadsheet, and that's all I'm going to do. No categories. Someone else can do that after I turn it over.
    Post edited by Scyra on
  • If you enable Selection Tooltip in Editor > Editor Settings you can also display tooltips for stuff in popup fields/menus, i.e. you don't have to add the nodes to get that information and can view it in the context menu of the node editor.

There's currently no documentation that lists all nodes and their settings.

I'll look into creating a way to export that data and put it into a document, at least the node names and their descriptions. Settings is a completely different beast :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2022
    Alright, here's a list of all available schematic nodes - 457 from Makinom and 414 from ORK.

Edit:
    Also added formula nodes (Makinom and ORK) and ORK's battle AI nodes.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • You legend @gamingislove, those lists are looking great!
  • Also I’ve just linked them for members in the discord.
    Cheers GiL, that’s going to be a very positive resource :)
  • Oh hell yeah. I've wanted something like this for a long time!
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG