I want to use one of the player's attributes as the action cost for grid battles, which is fine. But I can't increase or decrease the display of this property in the HUD. How do I set up this HUD?
  • Like moving grid, I use the defined value as the cost of mobile, when I was setting grid type, such as ground his mobile cost is 1, when I choose a movement, just deduct 1, but when I choose more of the grid, he will make all my custom value all consume, how to deal with this?
  • Can you give me more details on your setup?
    Using a status value as grid move cost for a grid cell type will use the defined amount per cell like with move range and action costs for cells.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I changed the movement cost in the battle grid Settings to the value of the consumption class I set, and then I set the cost of the different grids in the battle grid type, and I used the tutorial grid movement method.
  • edited August 2022
    1:For example, the cost of consuming the ground is 1, and the cost of entering the mire is 2.

2:Another question is, in turn-based combat, if my action is 3, what should the player do if he kills an enemy and has a chance to regain 1 point of action?

My mother tongue is not English, some problems I can only rely on the translator to communicate, very sorry.
    Post edited by churan on
  • 1) The cost for each cell on the path is added, e.g. moving over 2 ground and 2 mire cells will cost 6 in total. Testet it and it works fine here, not consuming the whole consumable status value.

2) There are generally 2 ways to do this.

User/target changes of abilities and items can use the Action Bar status change type to change the actions per turn (or timebar in active time battles) of the combatant.

The schematics animating your action can also do this via the Change Action Bar node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove

What if I wanted a player to only have a chance to recover a bit of action after killing an enemy? I now have the ability to give the player a chance to recover some action when attacking, but I want to give the player a chance to recover some action when killing an enemy. Is there a node in the schematic that can be implemented?
  • There's no automatic way to do this.

You can use the ability's variables to define a value that should be recovered and access that (via selected data variable origin and selected key action to access the ability in the schematic animating it).