Was just wondering if there is a way to display the sprite of an item in a submenu, which is opened when clicking on an item in the inventory menu? Not sure if this is the best way but currently trying to use TMP, but additional content doesn't seem to work for me.

Image 01

Image 02

Image 03

• I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thankyou. Just wondering if you have had time to look into it yet?
  • Yes, there'll be a new option to use the content icon instead of a defined icon in the sub-menu's content (and additional content).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok thankyou for that. I'll hold off on doing that for now until the update then. Having access to that will be very useful. When do you think that update will be available?
  • The next update is scheduled for later this week :)
  • That's great news thankyou. We are using a grid layout with the sub menu images for all of our menus. So to confirm will this allow us to reference the icons in the submenus for those sections? If so that would be excellent.

• If I understood your issue correctly, yes :)

What you need to do (with the new version) is add a game object with an Image component to your UI box and use that component in the main UI Content component of the UI box (where the text component is also referenced).
    This is used to display the icon that's included in the displayed content - with the new version's option you can set that to the icon of whatever content the sub-menu is displayed for.