edited August 2022 in ORK Support
So all Status values start as INT. And they work fine as INT, problem comes when you want to use Floats. When I go to Information Overrides -> Number Format -> Status Value Format and change it to Float with format '0.00', then use node Change Status Value -> Add -> eg. 1.35 value, it will still show it as INT, so 1. Adding other values will still keep it INT ofc.

Edit- also, if you set is as Float in the Information Override with Manipulator -> Operator -> Set -> Float Variable and use a float variable, it counts it (only here, it doesn't sets it if you do it in event), however doesn't update it in the Menu screen. You have to close/open it to see the new value, even when you have it updated by any change. Also, doesn't count it to the value, just sets it.
Post edited by Machal on
  • The number formats define how the values are displayed - the status value itself is still an integer value and you can't add 1.35 to it.
    You can e.g. have the status value be 100 times the actual value, e.g. instead of 5 being 500 and use the number format to display it as 5.00 - in this case you can add 135 to it, making it 6.35 in display.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Switching display format from INT to Float grants the usage of decimals, as I understood that correctly (your tooltip).
    I could add a float 0.35 to it as I explained, through the display value and Manipulator-> Set -> Float variable, it actually shows even decimals. I am even able to update it through formulas later on.
    The point is, you have to close/open menu to see changes and it didn't count the value :) So it either is a bug or you didn't intend to do this. (What would be the point in switching the format then)
  • This isn't it's intended use. The status value's display only updates if the status value changes. Changes to a variable that's used in the formatting don't update the display.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!