edited August 2022 in Announcements
ORK Framework 3.6.0

This update comes with 83 new features, changes and fixes.

Status effects have new options for effect end and when status changes or schematics are used.
Battle Turn Start/End are used when the (combatant-independent) battle turn changes (not used in real time battles).
Action Start/End are used when the effect target's combatant starts or ends using an action. Can be limited to defined actions.

Battle menus can now perform status changes when selecting one of the menu items. E.g. opening the abilities sub-menu could add a status effect to impact the use costs of the listed abilities. Canceling out of it (or closing menu) can also use status changes, e.g. removing the added effect.
You can now also define a condition for allowing the use of a menu item, not just adding it or not.
Also, Schematic type is available to directly use a schematic in the battle menu via a menu item.

Combatants can now be added as passive combatants (e.g. set up in combatant spawners or combatant group setups, basically everywhere you actually add a combatant to the game).
A passive combatant doesn't participate in battle but can still be targeted - e.g. a crate that can be destroyed but isn't part of the turn order and doesn't use any actions, etc.
You can define if the passive combatant needs to be killed to end the battle or not.

Also, abilities/items can now use shared hit/crit chances for all targets. So, the first target's outcome is used for all targets.

See all details in the release notes.

Makinom 2.7.0

This update comes with 36 new features, changes and fixes.

The highlight here is the new Data Format for saved settings and schematics - you can now select between the fast Byte Array format (default format) and the slower, but version control friendly XML String format.

Also, HUDs now have conditional schematics, that are automatically used if the HUD's content/user meets defined conditions (or failed them). E.g. you can use this to slightly fade out a HUD of a combatant that already finished it's turn.
Here's a gameplay bits tutorial to use this to scale up the HUD of a combatant while it's selecting actions (timebar HUD).

Additionally, the math functions have been revamped to an extensible class and got multiple new functions (e.g. modulo, multiply, etc.) - available in all float value selection fields (and other places where math fucntions are used, e.g. formulas).

See all details in the release notes.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wow, another huge update. I thought when you were semi out-of-office it meant taking a break, but apparently not. Thanks for this one.
  • Fantastic update
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • Added a short gameplay bits tutorial for using the new HUD conditional schematics to add effects to your HUDs :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome, everything looks good on my end. I had a bit of trouble with buttons disappearing on prefab menus after I imported the new version but once I reimported the prefabs, it fixed itself.
  • It looks like "byteData" is no longer used and instead "xmlData". Great for version control diffs but in this post:
    https://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/7063/text-based-serizlization/p1
    it was stated that using xml was a performance problem.

Is this not the case anymore?
    Is there an option to go back to "byteData" (if needed)?

ORK: 3.6.0
    Unity: 2021.3.8f1
    turn based (classic, dynamic)

Thanks,
    MMalone
  • edited August 2022
    @Dre788
    Yeah, still haven't found out what's causing the UI prefabs to need being reimported e.g. after the library of the project is rebuild...

@MMalone
    gamingislove said: The highlight here is the new Data Format for saved settings and schematics - you can now select between the fast Byte Array format (default format) and the slower, but version control friendly XML String format.
    As said - you can select the data format you want to use and it still defaults to the fast Byte Array format. If you want to work in a team or use version control stuff, switching to XML String makes that easier (e.g. for merging data).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • This is a great update, thanks GiL!