I was checking the documentation but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It seems ORK doesn't seem to have any world map/marker system like in Elden Ring etc... Again if I'm wrong I apologize. But we would like to implement some sort of fast travel system where the player can fast travel back to the previously visited areas on the map. And a map marker system, where they can mark any point on the world from the map.
  • edited September 2022
    No, ORK has no map system (mini map or whole map of the world/area). I'm sure there're tons of solutions for this out there, but that's not in ORK's scope :)

ORK has a system for markers, etc. - e.g. used in the Navigation Bar HUD. So, this kind of information could be integrated with 3rd party map solutions.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hmm. Ok, thx for the quick reply.
  • edited September 2022
    Hi @CobaltBlue73 this is listed as having an Ork integration, you may find it useful. I’ve used compass pro in the past with quest machine, with ork I could image it would be even better, so it should do what you’re looking for.
    Soon on I’m planning on integrating a mini map system too.

https://orkframework.com/ork-2-hub/plugins/compass-navigator-pro-plugin/

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/gui/compass-navigator-pro-59519

I’ve noticed that the integration page is a few years old, do you know if the integration would still work GiL?
    Post edited by GuSt on
  • Interesting, I'll take note of that. But we're already using Dialogue System for Unity, ORK 3, and possibly Top-down Engine. I really want to avoid making our project into Unity Shop asset soup...
  • For ORK 3 the plugin/extension for compass navigator pro can be found over at Makinom's extensions, since it only needs Makinom functionality :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks GiL, thats quite useful then, looking forward to using it soon

@CobaltBlue73 relish the soup, particularly integrated soup ;)
  • @CobaltBlue73 Compass Navigator is really good, I'd recommend it.

As far as Unity Soup, that's basically how Unity works. You can make it all yourself, sure, but at some point you'll realize how much time you save by at the very least, using a code base designed and battle tested.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG