edited September 2022 in ORK Support
Can we please have an option to trigger preview state of values from an event or some script?

At the moment it's only by 'select first' from the UI box while clicking on the button in the Inventory box as I've noticed.

I'm starting equip of an item selected as 'action' from Inventory and it changes values, although this button is Unity UI button and there is no way of triggering it :)

Also in the Value settings of the Status Value, where is something like 'RealValueChange' which would kinda calculate a value that is the real change from the previous value and the new value?

E.g. If a status value increases from event by +5, from 85 to 90, then it should just display +5 when it changes it. Can I somehow calculate it without complicated formulas?
Post edited by Machal on
  • I'll look into adding new schematic nodes to show previews for something form selected data.

In case you're refering to the Count To Value setting's Real Value Count option, that's used to make the value changing over time the actual value.
    E.g. an attack reducing HP to 0, instead of the combatant being dead immediately, the combatant is only dead after the HP value counted down to 0 over time, giving the combatant a bit of time to react, e.g. use a potion.
    That doesn't involve any complicated formula or so, just changes the value over time by the defined settings :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2022
    Yes, thanks, know about that.

But I was referring to equipping items with custom status values on a combatant, so very simple 'value' change from the previous value to new value.

The Status value -> Value settings have text codes that has #change#, but it's 'change between current and preview value'. Since I can't trigger preview value, I need 'change between previous and newly changed value'.

You know, like you equip something and you want to see what it actually gave you on a pop-up :)

Post edited by Machal on
  • Something like that isn't available - previews can preview value changes that will happen, but there's no functionality for showing what changed after equipping :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2022
    Yeah, in that case triggering preview state from selected data might do the trick.

But since it is a button with an event 'Change equipment' node, I don't know how would I make it work to show preview on first click and then equip it on second. That's not really intuitive.
    I'll just probably store 'Status Value' of user before equipping, then 'Change Equipment' node and then store new 'Status Value' and then formula that compares it.

I'm already showing player what the item gives, this is just a confirmation display that a pop up value really changed :)
    Post edited by Machal on