Well, I used the Combatant Object type HUD, and I had Cursor Over enabled, but sometimes when I moved the mouse Over the target, the HUD didn't show up, especially if there were multiple combatants. Please check.
  • Cursor over is checked using a raycast via the HUD Layer Mask and other raycast settings in UI > HUDs > General Settings.

So, if anything is between the cursor and combatant (e.g. another combatant's collider) or anything else, that'll block the cursor over for that combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove
    Which node SHOULD be used to set up the display grid for the battles that are transferred to different scenarios in a grid battle?
  • A grid is shown using the Show Battle Grid node.

Though, if the battle starts in scene A and the grid is in scene B, the battle probably doesn't know about the grid yet. You can use a Set Battle Grid node in your battle start schematic after loading into the new scene to e.g. use the nearest grid.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove
    Set up the display battle grid successfully, but there is a problem, the fighters cannot use the move command,
  • edited September 2022
    @gamingislove
    1:I saw that ORK2 has a tutorial that deletes player groups and enemy groups, but how does ORK3 delete enemy groups?
    2:Another question is IF I don't USE TELEport BATTLES, but there are NPCS in THE place where the battle is taking place, how do I keep NPCS out of the battle scene?
    Post edited by churan on
  • Are the combatants placed on the grid (after it was set as the battle grid)? E.g. via Place On Grid node (or the Player Grid Placement node for having the player select cells to start on).

1) There's the Destroy Battle Combatants node to destroy all game objects of combatants participating in battle.

Alternatively, you can destroy game objects using a Destroy Object node.
    To have the combatants available to destroy, you need to add actors for them in the Settings node - e.g. there are different actors to get player or enemy combatants in battle (Player (Battle), Enemies (Battle), etc.).

2) Can be done however you want - e.g. destroy them, disable their game objects or have them move out of the way.
    This mostly depends on how your scene is set up, how the battle is started and what you want to happen :)
  • I tried to delete the player group, the enemy group, and then regenerated the combatants, but instead of generating the combatants, the game was won. Even if I don't delete the enemy group, just the player group, and then use the grid to lay out the nodes, put the combatants on the grid, and move around, can't tell if I've won the game once I've defeated the enemy. Please check.
  • Ah, yeah ... destroying enemies causes them to be removed from battle (and the game) - they're only secured when destroyed while loading into a scene in the battle start schematic.

I'll look into it - though, why do you want to destroy them? The player group can be destroyed without any issue (e.g. before letting the player place them), the enemies can just be placed on the grid.
  • Enemy groups can be placed on the grid, but if you use enemy groups without destroying them, there is a problem that you cannot tell when the battle is over
  • When I just destroy the player group, then regenerate the player group, and then start the grid layout, the enemies will be generated correctly on the grid, but the problem is that if I defeat the enemy, the battle will not end and will remain on the battle screen. So you have to destroy the enemy group to regenerate, can you?
  • The battle is over if all enemies (or all player group members) are dead - their prefab being in the scene or not has no impact on it.
    The default setup also automatically destroys enemy game objects when they're dead - this is handled by the Keep Prefab setting in the combatant's death settings (or the default for all combatants). If you enabled that, the prefabs will stay in the scene after they died, but they're still dead and not part of the battle any longer.

Sounds a bit like your enemies aren't really dead - e.g. check your health status value if death on Minimum is selected. You can also check if a combatant is dead via the information provided in the inspector when having their game object selected.
  • Okay, I'm going to keep trying. Thank you very much,