Good morning !

I'm trying to do a very simple action but the various settings I've tried don't work the way I want.
I would simply like my camera to rotate left/right by a simple movement of the mouse left right.
Today it works but only if I choose inputs in gamecontrols>ork control settings>camera controls>mouse/touch control.
I tried by selecting none in this category knowing that in rotation settings I have an input for the most key.
  • Depends on which camera control you're using.

E.g. the Top Down Border camera allows you to set a rotation input axis (enable Use Axis in the Rotation Settings). Setting up an input key getting input from mouse axis movement (e.g. via the Unity input manager) can rotate the camera by mouse movement without need for any click input.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I use top down border and I tried to Use axis but doesn't work if I don't se a mouse/touch control.
    See this picture :https://ibb.co/JRCYGgk
    The input use as horizontal move in the axis key is a gyroscope type with -360 to 360 angle.
    See this picture : https://ibb.co/F5J6KZH

Am I doing something wrong or it doesn't work as intended?
  • Do you actually get gyroscope input?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • This seems to work because when I put a mouse/input (right click) and I make left-right movements the camera rotates, on the other hand if I remove the mouse/input nothing more happens.
  • Well, Gyroscope is for gyroscope input, e.g. from a mobile device.
    For using actual mouse axis input, you need to have that set up e.g. via the Unity Input Manager and use that as input key.
  • edited September 2022
    Ok so from the beginning I am wrong about that gyroscope thing ^^'

Well it was easy to set it up, only 2 min.Thanks for this information =)

Can you tell me if in Ork a toggle movement key is possible?
    Like pressing the key once and the character continues to run until the key is pressed again?
    Post edited by omeegaa on
  • Next update will also add an option to the Mouse input type to also use the mouse axis input without button input, so you'd not even need the Unity input manager for this :)

The built-in controls don't have something like that. Maybe via a schematic that keeps moving the player forward - or a 3rd party control.
  • Yeah maybe with a schematic with a check every frame or something like this.I will investigate in that way since I want the less third-party possible.