I have a bootstrap scene that holds some of my game managers who need to be in every scene.

I created a Global Machine and a Scene Manager schematic. The problem I'm having though is the current arrangement has the bootstrap scene being loaded as the main scene instead of additive as I arranged.

The schematic is very simple, it's just a Load Scene node with it set to `Load Async Additive`.

As for the Global Machine, the settings are as follows;

Global Machine Type - Scene
In Old Scene - Checked
Before Fade - Checked
Scene Change Type - Scene Change

My goal is to have the bootstrap loaded with every scene, but not be the main scene. What am I missing?

Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • edited September 2022
    Based on your global machine, the bootstrap scene is loaded before loading into the new scene - so if the new scene isn't loaded additive, it'll 'unload' all previous scenes, including the bootstrap one.

Try disabling In Old Scene to start the global machine in the newly loaded scene.

An alternative could be to set your game objects you need in every scene to not be destroyed on scene changes. E.g. schematics have a Don't Destroy On Load node for that.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: An alternative could be to set your game objects you need in every scene to not be destroyed on scene changes. E.g. schematics have a Don't Destroy On Load node for that.
    What's the best way to do this? Via the Game Object Manager?

Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • As said with a schematic using Don't Destroy On Load node.
    E.g. have all your managers under a single game object and use an Auto Machine on the game object with that node (setting Machine Object to not be destroyed).

Now they'll stay alive throughout all your scenes after being loaded once.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!