• The world camera is part of the canvas and the canvas by default will use the main camera.
    But for some reason a canvas spawned by orc will not.
    I wrote a script to set the world camera at runtime and attached to the canvas but as of yet haven't got it to work
  • Are you using canvas prefabs in your UI layers to create the canvases? If the canvas prefab is set up correctly (using the camera form the canvas) that should work.

Otherwise ORK will create one based on the settings in UI > UI System, where you can e.g. set to use screen space cameras and define if the main camera should be used or find one in your scene (e.g. by name or tag).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I Am using prefabs for my layers and I was able to write a script that sets sets the world camera.
    But there is still something blocking my interaction
  • If by interaction you mean a click/interaction on a UI, there's most likely something in the way that intercepts the raycast, e.g. something on a higher UI layer.

You can check that when pausing the game and looking at your canvases in the scene hierarchy. If some other UI is in the way (even when not displaying something) it can intercept the raycast.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the help I finally found if I set the event system to none it started working.
    I would also like to know if I can have the ui box spawn at the location of a prefab
  • That depends where it's used. E.g. Show Dialogue nodes can use a speaker to display the UI box at their position, or object-based HUDs (e.g. the Combatant Object HUD) uses the position of the combatant.

You can also use world space canvases - check out this tutorial for an example of a world space dialogue.
  • What I would like to be able to do is have the save and load menu spawn at an empty child object
    of the player so when it is called it is in front of the player.
  • Hm, maybe using an open schematic on your UI box (e.g. via Before Open Schematic). The UI box itself is available as selected data using the key ui - in case of the Unity UI module, that's a component on a game object.

So, you should be able to use a Mount Object node and mount it on a canvas/child object of your player.
  • I can mount other game object using the mount node but it will not move the canvas for some reason, it seems as if something is blocking its movement or i am not getting the settings right.
    Also I have a 3d inventory system that I used on anther project and don’t really know where to start
    so that I could use the inventory with information from ork.
  • The open schematic of a UI box only has that UI box stored in selected data, not the canvas it's part of. So, that'd need to be mounted to another canvas in your scene to be visible.
  • Hi I am working on finishing my UI and after i finished setting up my invintory I received this error

You cannot call GetLast immediately after beginning a group.
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility:GetLastRect ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.EditorAutomation:EndContextClick (GamingIsLove.Makinom.IBaseData,bool)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.AttributeHelper:EndFoldout (GamingIsLove.Makinom.IBaseData,GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.BaseEditor,bool)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.EditorAutomation:Automate (System.Reflection.FieldInfo,GamingIsLove.Makinom.IBaseData,GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.BaseEditor,bool,GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.AttributeHelper)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.EditorAutomation:Automate (GamingIsLove.Makinom.IBaseData,GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.BaseEditor)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.BaseEditorTab:ShowSettings ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.GenericAssetListTab`2:ShowTab ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.BaseEditorSection:ShowTab ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow:OnGUI ()
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

any ideas what i did

Thanks

• It's a known issue in the editor and should be fixed in the next update.
    Shouldn't impact your data, though :)
  • Thanks for the update
    I do have another problem the load menu quit displaying and I cant seem to figure out what I did
  • Hm, check the UI during play testing (found under the _Makinom game object in the DontDestroyOnLoad part of the scene).
    Maybe it's placed off somewhere.
  • Thank you I Finaly found it there was layer in front of it.
    but for some reason my Layer1 is being destroyed between scenes,
    When I start a new game its finebut after i go to a new scene and bring up the overview menue is when it show an error,then if i look at the paused game layer on is not there