• @gamingislove
    Thank for your answer, I found the reason (Although there really something strange...)
    In the animator controller, there was a single animation using the renderer color property
    (but I don"t use this animation). I deleted the animation state. And now the node change color work. But the strange behavior of sprite in battle came back (blink animation after damage don't stop alone) and I added a bunch of node Color change in all attack/ability schematics.
  • Status value changes (via flying texts) only flash a color change - i.e. any ongoing blinking will come from one of your schematics. Make sure to also stop blinking at some point using another Change Color node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hey, thanks for the node Refresh Menu Screen, but I can't seem to get it to work. Shouldn't it update variable values in menu screens? Or is that not how it works?

Also, I noticed something for Ork HUD Status Text Content. When I set status type to status value, value origin to preview and use for all 3, the current status value is used from all sources. This includes temporary sources like status effects.
    If you set a status effect that changes the value and then preview a equipment that changes 1 single status value, the changes of the status effect is removed but the negative status value is used to display this action so it looks as if the other status values (from the status effect) are being removed if the user equips the item.

To put it simply, the preview only shows the change of status value without the status effect added BUT it looks like values are being lost because it uses the negative preview when the status effects are removed from preview.

I think this can be fixed if there was a text code to display values with only equipment added as well as a text code from all sources. Or separate text code values defined by semi permanent (equipment, abilities, class) and temporary (status effects).
  • edited September 2022
    @Dre788
    Should refresh that - as this'll update the content of the menu ... which menu part are you using that's not updated?

Where's the status effect coming from? E.g. when it's coming from an equipment that's swapped out via the preview that could cause it. Otherwise I'll do some tests.

Edit: Did a quick test and works fine here.
    E.g. a Normal type status value ATK: status effect gives +5 ATK, equipment gives -1 ATK > status preview correctly shows -1 ATK from the equipment with and without effect added to the combatant (with effect naturally from the higher value due to the status effect).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2022
    gamingislove said: Should refresh that - as this'll update the content of the menu ... which menu part are you using that's not updated?
    Okay, I tested it in a blank project and I got the same results. The variable in a button menus isn't updating when I use Refresh Menu Screen. I'm using Unity ver. 2019.4 30f1. Maybe that could be the reason?
    gamingislove said: Edit: Did a quick test and works fine here.
    E.g. a Normal type status value ATK: status effect gives +5 ATK, equipment gives -1 ATK > status preview correctly shows -1 ATK from the equipment with and without effect added to the combatant (with effect naturally from the higher value due to the status effect).
    The statue effect is directly added to the player with the node Change Status Effect.
    This is what I'm getting:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hl6hhc8q7mzg15t/one.png?dl=0
    Normal stats with equipment
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lic8i7o668ha3b8/two.png?dl=0
    Preview of stats before equipping an item
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/05n9c5xcfbz5k7b/three.png?dl=0
    Stats with status effect applied
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/aliwe13p96r9l1p/status effect.png?dl=0
    the status effect value
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gu1b3fxyifiq0ml/four.png?dl=0
    This is what happen when I preview the same item with the status effect applied. It removes the status effect but it looks like the item is reducing stats because it uses the negative preview.
    This is strange behavior, shouldn't it just show the current values with the status effects or show the values without the status effects but not reducing using the negative values?
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • @Dre788
    Both should be fixed in the next update.
  • Hi, I'm having an issue with the Equipment menu in the 3D RPG Playground tutorial. I'm using ORK Framework 3.7.0.
    https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/3d-rpg-playground/menu-04-menu-screens/

Each equipment slot is displayed with a Choice Title Button. However, the button itself doesn't work, only clicking on the text or icon in the title does. Clicking the button just changes the colour of both the title and button to grey. Clicking the title works, and brings up the list of equipment that can be put in that slot. However, you have to precisely click on either the icon or the text, the blank space won't work.

The equipment menu works fine with the keyboard or a controller. The only issue is with a mouse or touchscreen. I'd be happy with either the button bringing up the list of equipment or clicking anywhere in the Choice Title Button.

This issue also occurs in the downloaded completed project, so I didn't make a mistake when following the tutorial.
  • @TW0
    Yeah, button being a child object 'eats' the click - will add a fix/workaround in the next update.
  • There appears to be a possible bug with equipping already equipped items. With "Show Add Equipped" ticked, when your characters starts with something equipped, and you try to equip that same item it appears to cause it to reference it twice or duplicate it?

- Starting inventory (Highlighted item is currently equipped)
    - Clicking equip in the sub menu duplicates the item highlighting 2 items.
    - Unequipping one of the items
  • @g35011
    Can confirm, will be fixed in the next update.
  • null ref exception when "Over Origin Shortcut" is true.

Use the 3D RPG Playground tutorial.

"UI\Cursor Settings\Target Selection Cursors (Valid)\Over Origin Shortcut".
    set to true and one of (I used "Target Enemy Cursor") the cursors is used.
    go into play mode and start combat.
    choose attack ability from battle menu.
    hover over characters.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.CursorSettings.ShowTargetOverBox (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatant user, GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.IShortcut shortcut) (at <20d988d4155a446fb7ed92a004403212>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.ActiveBattleMenu.CombatantCursorOver (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatant combatant, System.Boolean changed) (at <20d988d4155a446fb7ed92a004403212>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Battle.CombatantCursorOver (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatant combatant) (at <20d988d4155a446fb7ed92a004403212>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.ORKControlHandler.CheckBattleCursorOver () (at <20d988d4155a446fb7ed92a004403212>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.ORKControlHandler.Tick (System.Boolean interacted) (at <20d988d4155a446fb7ed92a004403212>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.ControlHandler.Tick () (at <6227d62d1f1f4254ae354eb05820919e>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Maki.FireTick () (at <6227d62d1f1f4254ae354eb05820919e>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.MakinomHandler.Update () (at <6227d62d1f1f4254ae354eb05820919e>:0)

here is the code in question:

IUIBase overUI = Maki.UI.CursorOverBox;
    if(user != null &&
    ((ORK.Control.Cursor.targetValidOriginBox &&
    user.Battle.BattleMenu != null &&
    user.Battle.BattleMenu.targetOriginUI != null &&
    user.Battle.BattleMenu.targetOriginUI == overUI) ||
    (ORK.Control.Cursor.targetValidOriginShortcut &&
    shortcut == ORKComponentHelper.ToShortcut(overUI.CursorOverTooltip))))

in this case "overUI" is null. the null ref happens on this bit of code in the condition: "overUI.CursorOverTooltip"

Thank you,
    MMalone
  • @MMalone
    Will be fixed in the next update.
  • edited October 2022
    Turn order HUD Limit list length bug.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aux-OcUNSi10gcw3ugzH7q3kpdxU2g?e=q60bNh

This is start of the battle. It's Rogues turn and Ranger is last of the limited by display list.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aux-OcUNSi10gcw2Nse92AlhF3MwMA?e=M5w6Wj

Here 3 turns has gone by. The earlier characters: 2 Wasps and Rogue has finished their turns. Now it's Rangers turn but his HUD has stayed in the same position while others have moved correctly.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aux-OcUNSi10gcw1ai-D6Nn3hOd1Tw?e=colD8N
    This bug appears always to the last element of the limited list.
    Post edited by Jupi on
  • @Jupi
    I'll check it out - which turn based mode is your turn based battle system using?
  • @gamingislove
    Battle System Type: Turn Based
    Turn Based Mode: Active