Hi, I seem to be having an issue displaying quest portrait images within our info box of the Quest Menu.

- Here is the Quest Info Box Settings

- The Quest Settings

- The UI Box

- The Portrait

- The info box during gameplay

I was also wondering if it is possible to have a button for each character in your party that you can press to easily switch the currently controlled player. Similar to Genshin Impact

Thankyou
  • edited September 2022
    Setup looks correct - did a quick test and works fine on my end.
    Check the UI box instance in-game while the quest info is displayed. Maybe one of the parent game objects is disabled or something else is in front of the portrait's image.

As for switching to specific members of the group via input keys - that's a job for global machines (Base/Control > Global Machines. You can e.g. start a global machine via an input key and have it's schematic handle the switch to that specific member index.

Via UI (e.g. in HUDs), you can switch the player using a HUD Click component using a Change Player action. That'll switch the player to the combatant displayed by the HUD.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thankyou! I got most of it working except changing to members.

Sorry, I meant group not party. So I have 4 positions which can be swapped out, and I want to be able to press 1,2,3,4 to switch to those specific slots rather than specific party members.

I see that there is a "Set ORK Player" node and "Switch ORK Player" node but they are not restricted to the group.

• Add a Player Group actor to your schematic's Settings node with the following settings:
    - combatant scope: Current
    - use member: Enabled
    - member index: the index of the member you want to use, e.g. 0, 1, 2 or 3 for the first 4 members
    - only battle group: probably Enabled if you want to switch between the battle group members :)

Now you should be able to use the Set ORK Player node and use the actor.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!