Another question I coudln't solve yet.

I'd like to implement (in ORK3) a system like Skyrim or Ultima Online have. Every use of an ability has a chance to raise the ability for (let's say) 0.01 points and when it raises, it has a chance to raise 2 status values the ability is based on.

The abilities and stats should be from 1-100. So I guess I have to set the Maximum Level to 100. Is it correct to use "Value Development" + a formula to achieve this result? If not. Whats the correct way of doing it?
  • Status development is for combatants and classes, so an ability can't really use it.

You can use a schematic for this, either via a Schematic user status change or the schematics animating your ability.
    There you can e.g. increase an ability variable, check the variable and do status changes and ability level up based on that. The ability is available as selected data action in the schematic, so use that to access the variable (Selected variable origin).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2022
    Thank you. Took me some time to get to this point in the tutorial. Now I am in the tutorial about Stats and Attributes and (hopefully) got an idea how these things theoretically work. But I am not sure if I understood everything correct.

- I will set a schematic for one/each ability (I guess one for all could work)
    - This schematic will count, how many times the ability was used
    - I can raise the value of the ability within this schematic
    - And I could raise a stat value if needed (additional stats like Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence)

And it seems, that I could use the current level mechanism to implement something like fame (leveling up gives a new title on fame e.g.)
    Post edited by thomas123 on
  • Pretty much, yeah.
    For the counting, I'd recommend using ability variables, i.e. you'll have a counter on the individual ability.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you :-) I'll try.

Ultima Online got three different types, I just looked up.

Stats refers to the three physical qualities of a character: Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence, from which are derived the attributes: hit points, mana and stamina. And Skills rely on, well, Skill :-D and are powered by Stats.