edited October 2022 in ORK Support
It bears mentioning is that I'm tweaking the tutorial so far for my own project, I'm using my own resources and tweaking it a little bit for my needs, so ultimately whatever is wrong, I missed something. I got this far;

https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/3d-rpg-playground/battle-03-the-first-battle/

But nothing happens when I go into the collider to start the battle. I can mostly initiate the dirty work of looking through my project myself, but in the meantime it would be super helpful for my troubleshooting to know (perhaps a non exhaustive list) some reasons why a battle won't start. For example, the tutorial mentions that if the enemies are set up as opposing factions as the player, the battle won't start. Examples like that. That way, I can go and check those reasons off the list.

This goof is on me, but I definitely appreciate it!

EDIT: Upon further playtesting, an AllySpot Game Object spawns, but no battle.
Post edited by FeldFour on
  • Sounds like you might have the wrong faction selected for the combatant. Make sure you use the Enemies faction in the Battle component's combatant setup.

Also, make sure your faction sympathies are set up correctly (in Combatants > Factions > General Settings).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2022
    Got it; set that up and the battle starts...sort of. Here's my progress.

https://imgur.com/jw3Etvj

As you can see it initiates, but it doesn't fully load.

By the way, I know I've been making a lot of topics lately and I didn't get a chance to respond to your posts in each one, but I've been following your words and my issues have been fixed in turn, so thank you! This framework is very, very excellent.

EDIT:

On further review, I just noticed that I've been getting this error;

Screen position out of view frustum (screen pos -252.092255, -144.553711) (Camera rect 0 0 1920 1080)
    UnityEngine.Camera:ScreenPointToRay (UnityEngine.Vector3)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.ORKControlHandler:CheckBattleCursorOver ()
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.ORKControlHandler:Tick (bool)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.ControlHandler:Tick ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Maki:FireTick ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.MakinomHandler:Update ()
    Post edited by FeldFour on
  • Hm, what's happening in your battle start schematic?
    Seems to be camera related - can you also post the camera position (or other camera changes) you're using?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!