• I am using mecanim for animations,I have the speed forwarded following the 2d grid based setup for the princess.

as for the fixed update I will look into that seems like that could be the issue
  • edited October 2022
    So I have checked and it seems there is nothing wrong,the player is animated and he does moves,only the enemy seems to suffer this problem where any animation gets stuck and never swaps or keeps playing

I did further checking,I can play the attack animation without a problem now,and idle stays playing,checking the player he does moves and has a constant speed,however once more the enemy seems to always revert back to 0 speed,maybe that could be causing the movement to not play

Last edit its all working now,seems for some reason my animations werent correctly showing I only reimported the sprites and remade them
    Post edited by Azrak12 on
  • Eh ... Unity shenanigans :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So I know it has been long but me and the friend I have been working with have been quite deep working on the sprites and all of that to get the UI done and of course writing more lore and stuff for the enemies,however I have hit a wall now.

So we are switching over to a turn based 2d combat game,that part has been handled already,the problem is we are going to do a dungeon crawler sort of.

The idea would be whenever the player assembles a group (the party) they send it to a random generated dungeon lets say it can be a randomly selected biome,what they would do is get to choose one room to go into,it could have nothing,maybe it has enemies or an item,so the way it would work is:

1.-Player always spawns in empty room
    2.-Some connected rooms show up and they can have either an enemy,item or nothing,an icon would display what is inside the room
    3.-The player then can choose where to move,if empty only the player sprite moves there and then some nearby rooms are generated,if an enemy is there combat starts with ork handling the random enemy group that can spawn and the such,after combat everything gets handled by the battle end event and the nearby rooms show up then,with an item then the item is picked up and the nearby rooms show up.

That would be the basic function of every dungeon I dont know if ork would have a way of that being possible since I remember makinom has a tutorial for that but its mostly for a grid based map and we arent really using a grid
  • There are 2 ways to go about it:

1) Use one of the 3rd party random level generation tools and feed ORK content to it in form of prefabs (e.g. item collector, battle, etc.).
    Pretty simple :)

2) Build random levels on your own, either via custom code or using schematics (here's a tutorial series for Makinom, building a 2D roguelike).
    You'd still feed ORK content to it via prefabs, or using custom code, you can also generate them from scratch :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!