edited September 2022 in ORK Support
Hello Gil! I have combatants that are Towers, Villages and Castle in my turn based battle grid. The problem is that they are rotating. I already disabled "Look at enemies", but nothing has changed. How do I get this building type combatant permanently stopped? Can you help me please?
Post edited by Vykthorius on
  • Depends on where the rotation is coming from - when is it happening?

E.g. could be the move AI or an attack event they're using that rotates them to their target.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hello Gil!

In my game, Counter will always be possible, but I already changed the counter chance to zero and nothing has changed.

Rotation happens when the building is attacked. I think it's important to inform that the attack and counter skills are without action ("Ability type = attack" / "Usable in = Both" / "Target type=Self).

The combatant has his movement AI disabled.
    The skill's battle animations are also disabled.

I'd like to find out where else this could be coming from. Can you help me please?
  • If any battle event is involved, make sure that Reset Look Angles is disabled in the event's settings.

Otherwise, rotation only happens when set to do so, e.g. in an event using a rotation node (or rotating to target) or via look at target options in the target settings and cell targeting. Battle AI has also a Rotate To Target node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2022
    Hello Gil!

Are you referring to Skill Events that buildings take in the form of damage when attacked? If this is the case will I need to review every skill event I have?

Otherwise, I'm using the Teleport Battle Start event and the rest of the tutorial.

I hope we can.
  • Yes, the battle events used to animate your attacks. They handle what happens here - if they rotate the target or reset the look angles, that's where this is coming from.

Battle start event has nothing to do with combatants rotating when being attacked :)
  • Got it Gil... so I'll start with the skills he's getting.... and maybe it's time to start a journey to review the skills... I'll come back here when I'm done. Thank you very much!
  • Hello Gil!

Looks like I figured out what was causing my Building-type Combatants to rotate. Turn End Orientation was enabled. Then, at the end of their turns, they rotated. Once disabled and they no longer rotate.

Now something curious happens. I would like my Building-type Combatants to spawn in the original Prefab position, but that's not happening.

What can I do to achieve this?

Grateful,
  • If they're spawned on cells, they'll be placed on those ... there's no way around that.
  • edited October 2022
    Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough. I was referring more specifically to combatant rotation. It is spawning with a random rotation and I would like it to remain with the original prefab "y" rotation. (=0)
  • Hm, how are you spawning them?
  • I'm generating them by cell type. For example, a World Village Cell that spawns a Village combatant.
  • Ok, but how are the combatants spawned, e.g. which node is used?
  • I'm not using a specific event to spawn fighters. I'm using the "default" in the cell settings, under Battle system, Grid Cell Type. Defining the combatant that will be generated.

I also tried to spawn directly in the battle grid cell, setting the rotation to "0", but it didn't help, the Combatant kept spawning with random rotation.
  • I think this rotation is coming from the battle spot (Battes > Battle Spots). Disabling Set Rotation in all of them (and especially the Additional Spot settings for any spot exceeding the defined number) should keep the rotation at 0.
  • It's great! I'll check it out and get back to you.