Hi,
I am in 01 Player Setup tutorial of ORK3 tutorial.

1. Could you please let me know what error that is, and what I need to do to fix it, or if that is ok?
2. As you can see, under Combatants>Combatants>General Settings, I am not able to select Value > Value for Walk Speed, Run Speed and Spring Speed. Should I select absolute? (https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/3d-rpg-playground/01-player-setup/#11-toc-title)
3. Also in the same lesson right next to the above step, (https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/3d-rpg-playground/01-player-setup/#12-toc-title) there is no Combatant of Warrior for me to select.
Or have I missed to import something else?

Stuck here.

Really appreciate your help!
  • Can't see the images due to no access error.

1) Don't know which error due to the images not being accessible :)

2) That's strange the speed settings here are general float value selections, if you don't have Value > Value available something's definitely wrong.

3) Did you follow the first steps for the project setup?
    If you haven't previously done the status system setup in the project, you need to import the completed status system (step 6).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2022
    Hey!

1. I had it as open access but not sure what happened. Have changed it.
    2. Yes now I am able to set Value > Value.
    3. Ok I got confused by reading "Navigate to Combatants > Combatants and select the Warrior combatant" and did not understand that I actually have to go to step 1 and select the Warrior prefab. Apologies, I am a beginner when it comes to ORK. Thanks.

Still the error persists (image 1 of the first post in this discussion thread)
    Post edited by vrdwarak on
  • 1) Seems related to TextMesh Pro - did you do the initial UI setup including the TextMesh Pro setup?

2) You where opening the Math Function setting, not the value :)

3) No problem :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2022
    Hey, thank you for your reply.
  • The tutorial assets contain prefabs, music, etc. ... assets used in the tutorials. The UI assets only contain UI.

If you didn't follow the status system setup tutorials to set up all the game data or downloaded and imported the completed setup you're missing the data.
    Combatant types are set up in Combatants > Combatant Types.
  • edited October 2022
    Thanks