I'm looking for an out of the box solution for my UI and I really like this:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/gui/modern-ui-pack-201717

I'm wondering whether its something that ORK could use. Is it assumed that UI asset packs create prefabs that are flexible enough to be used by anything (including frameworks like ORK)?
  • I'm guessing that since Makinom/ORK rely on UI Box-type scripts, that it expects you to use the framework to make the UI stuff, and customize that, rather than 3rd party asset packs.
  • As long as the scripts extend from the base Unity UI class (like Button) and/or you just use the sprite assets, it should work fine. I have my own button class that I use for additional functionality (different sprites when selected *and* disabled for example) that extends from Button and ORK/Makinom has no trouble at all adding and recognizing it as a button still.

You might need to fix some references when swapping scripts such as on UI Input Color Changer or UI Button Input too.
  • Sounds advanced. I think I'll stick with the default ORK/Makinom stuff for now!
  • Generally it should be possible - e.g. the UI Box is just a component that's added to a UI and can be added to such UI pack content as well (same goes for inputs like buttons). If they have some custom input components that aren't based on standard Unity UI components, you can also write custom input components that use them instead of standard Unity UI components.

So yeah, can be advanced if the UI pack uses custom scripts, but if it's just visual stuff it shouldn't be a problem :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!