An ability with a 50% hit chance missed 6 times in a row, then hit 6 times in a row. That's wild. This will make players angry. I know some games add a small, hidden ~4-10% chance bonus after a miss, or after two misses, to deal with this. Do we have a way to do that?
  • GiL might know a better way, but something I can think of is a hidden status value, something like bonus accuracy and then in the miss schematic / attack schematic and a miss was calculated, add +1 (or whatever) to this status value and reset when the attack lands. Then in the formula for hit chance, take this hidden status value and multiply by whatever factor you want and add it in before passing it back.
  • edited November 2022
    Hi, Acissathar. Thanks for replying. I do have a bonus accuracy status value, but even if it's set to hidden it still shows up in the hit chance preview, so it's noticeable if the 50% chance is modified each turn.

The bonus chance would ideally be added/removed for the whole party instead of just on a single combatant.
    Post edited by Scyra on
  • If you don't want to show that chance bonus in previews, you'd have to handle that outside the formula - i.e. the schematic animating your action.

E.g. if the Calculate Action outcome is a Miss (via the separate outcome next slots you can use), keep track of the miss count - check the count until it reached the number you want and perform a sure hit by using a Set Det. Action Outcome node before the Calculate Action node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Maybe it won't be so bad if I just go ahead and display the chance bonuses for an "upgraded" attack ability the player can optionally choose. I'm not really fond of hidden mechanics, after all. Thanks for the suggestions, GiL and Acissathar.