Hello.
ORK Tutorial > 3D RPG Playground >BATTLE 05 Spawning Combatants

When the battle starts, enemies are sometimes facing strangely.
Y of the enemy's Transform Rotation was not 0. For example, -35, -28, etc.
It happens occasionally, not every time.
Also, for example, in AngrySnake, sometimes Y is 0 and sometimes not.
Enemy Spots in Battole Spots have Set Rotation enabled and Y set to 0.
Is there any way to resolve this?

I don't know if it's related, but it seems to me that this is more likely to happen if the enemy makes contact with the player while it's moving.
However, this may be a misunderstanding.
Post edited by sss on
  • Can depend on different things and how your battle start schematic handles the battle setup.
    Also, the Battle component has the Look At Enemies setting to make all combatants look at the center of their enemy group at the start of the battle. Otherwise, this can also be done in the battle start schematic.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ssssss
    edited November 2022
    Thank you for your reply.
    Now,I can make all combatants look at the center of their enemy group.Thank you.
    I am using the battle start schematic as per the tutorial.
    However, I am increasing the movement speed of the player.

Now I noticed reason why the enemy rotations (and positions) are weird.
    If the enemy has momentum when the player and the enemy character make contact, that momentum will remain when the battle begins.
    For that reason, I noticed that the enemy was moving a little even after the battle started.
    So if there are 3 enemies, only the first one seems to be shifted.

So, I have a question.
    Is it possible to stop the movement of the enemy when the player and the enemy come into contact with each other?
    Post edited by sss on
  • edited November 2022
    If the enemy is just placed at it's battle spot, the movement can still carry over, since it's just placed at a position, but rigidbody or other movement components are still in motion.

You can either use other nodes to stop any movement (movement/rotation nodes), or destroy all combatant game objects and respawn them (Destroy Battle Combatants and Spawn Battle Combatants nodes).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you.
    I am relieved to know the cause and solution.