edited November 2022 in General Support
I have followed part 1 of the "2d grid battle tutorial" move by move but when I do the first test run in the scene, the princess only faces right regardless of what direction I move her in.

The screenshot in that part of the tutorial shows the princess facing the camera so i can only assume the direction animation should be working on this test, especially since I don't see it mentioned further on in the rest of the tutorial.

I'm not seeing any other complaints about this, so what did I do wrong? what could I have missed?
Post edited by Orochimaru on
  • I don't know, did you set the z-axis of the Rotation of Combatan Base neutron object Mount to 90 by default?

If not, change it to 90 and you'll be fine. I've been in this situation before.
  • When did you download the tutorial resources?
    There was recently a change in how the 2D animations are handled (about a month ago), so if you downloaded them before that they'll no longer match the tutorial setup.

Otherwise, the direction and movement animations are handled by the animator controller parameters that are set by ORK's mecanim animation setup here.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ok thank you very much. That helped.