• edited November 2022
    Yes, I think I do forward the speed (Speed). Because when I switch the toggle "isWalking" manually on the animator controller, the (walking) animation will play.

And I think only the idle animation is on auto play (because it's played by default).

So I guess, this cannot be the problem, right?

Edit: But yes, something is weird with the speed. Changing the speed setting on the NavMesh won't affect the movement speed. It will be reset back to the beginning speed after one frame.

Bildschirm-foto-2022-11-21-um-17-18-11
    Post edited by thomas123 on
  • Uh ... yeah, no, your setup or undestanding of this is wrong :)
    The Auto Move Speed Parameters are used to set a float parameter of the animator controller to the speed the combatant is moving at. You can use that speed parameter in your animator controller to play animations, e.g. same as the 3D action RPG player does, just that the speed now comes from the animation setup and not the player controls.

If you manually enable the isWalking parameter, naturally the animation plays, since that's how you set it up. However, ORK never calls that animation because it's not set up anywhere to do so.
    If you want to do it that way, use the combatant's Auto Animation setup (in the combatant's Animation & Movement settings). For Mecanim, it's better/easier to just forward the move speed (as you already set it up), though - you just need to set up the Speed parameter you're using in the animator controller and play your movement animations based on that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2022
    Thanks for your explanation.

I wrote the controller from scratch and now it works. Thank you! :-) I think I understand how everything works together. Phew.

I even managed it to change the animation on the Ellen prefab now (with help from KayPee/Explosive). The problem was a different kind of animation type in the model. Explosive's Animations use the "humanoid" type as Ellen uses the "generic" type. Switching the Model or animations to the corresponding one, will help.
    Post edited by thomas123 on
  • Yeah, animations are hard to grasp at the start, glad you got it working now :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!