• I was playing with the factions (adding new ones with relationships) and I run into this bug, which prevented the ORK Editor from opening all together.
    Not being able to use the editor backups, I had to revert to an external saved version of the project.

• @ChimpLogik
    Hm, can you remember what before the bug appeared?
    Tested some various combinations with adding factions and sympathy between them.

Anyway, I'll add saveguards that such an error will no longer be thrown and blocking the editor.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I created 5-6 new factions (with icons), added some Sympathies in Factions>General Settings and then Saved.
    I'm not sure if ORK automatically creates non-defined faction Sympathies but I am sure I didn't create all the possible combinations.
    It is also possible I accidentally created conflicting sympathies, but I can't be sure..
  • The event steps Game Variable Fork and Check Game Variables are bugged
    if you want to compare value against a local variable, you can't specify if it is global or local, and it only looks at global variables. In my examples here, I'm checking MaxHits against Hits to see if they match, and the only event step that works is Check Value.

Check Value is fine, and has a variable origin field for each item for global/local to be specified
    The others lack the variable origin field, and so fail to properly do Local variable checks, only looking for a Global value
  • @RunawayDev
    That's not a bug - that's how it's always has been in ORK 2 (save for the Change Game Variables node).
    ORK 3 has the whole thing revamped and you can change/check anything against anything
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Is this a good thread for bug reports about ORK3?

I am using the ORK3 release version as soon as possible.
    The type filter in the crafting recipe does not seem to be working.

When I set the filter to the Type set in CraftingType, it does not show any items.
    No matter which filter I set, nothing shows up as an item.
  • @joeee19
    Thanks for reporting - seems like there's a bug.
    Will fix it in the next update.

Also, yeah, I'll open a separate ORK 3 bug report thread :)
  • There seems to be a mismatch between these two documentation pages:
    - https://orkframework.com/guide/documentation/features/combatant-triggers/
    - https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/3d-action-rpg/06-chomper-attack/

On the first the need of a combatant trigger is described. Within the tutorial there seems to be no need for a trigger (at least the finished project does not use one). But when using my own prefab, I need a combatant trigger to hit in 1/100 times.
  • @thomas123
    This is the ORK 2 bug thread, not ORK 3.
    Also, documentation isn't really a bug :D

Also, combatant triggers have nothing to do with the damage dealers/zones that are used in the 3D action RPG tutorials.
  • Oh ok. That explains it :-) Thanks
  • ORK 2.34.1 for Unity 2017

I have an ability that changes Turn Order. Worked fine for older version of ORK. After my upgrade, I've ran into this ability throwing a Stack Overflow error when it calls this:

ORKFramework.TurnBasedBattle.OrderChange

I rebuilt the ability. Seemed to be fine until I did a build of the game. Now, it's back to throwing this stack overflow

Any ideas?
  • @keyboardcowboy
    Will be fixed in an upcoming update.
  • @GIL
    Guess, I should have asked any ETA on the next update :)
  • @keyboardcowboy
    Uh ... probably soon(ish) :D