Normally turns end automatically when there are no actions per turn left, however I want turns to only end when the player selects a turn end action. (There are zero cost actions that players can still perform at the end of their turn, even if they have no actions per turn left).

To get around this, I'm setting a fractional actions available per turn for the player (eg 3.1). That way, when actions are used, there's always the 0.1 fraction left, preventing the automatic turn end. It's kinda awkward though - for example always having to make sure the UI doesn't show that extra 0.1 action available. Is there a more elegant way of preventing the turn ending except when the player specifically chooses to?
  • edited November 2022
    You tried unchecking Battle System > Turn Based > Turn Based Settings > Battle Mode > Auto End Turn?

I just started using Auto End Turn, but my system previously worked kind of like what you want (the only available 0 cost action was End Turn so the player was forced to choose it). I never tried to display the actions available value, though—I just always allowed 1 move & 1 action (APT 1.1, Action Cost: 1, Move Cost: 0.1).

Edit: Just remembered I had Move Cost at 0 back then, so I must have had that residual 0.1 action available just like your setup.
    Post edited by Scyra on
  • Yep, tried all kinds of variants with Auto End Turn on and off, but I still always seem to get the turn ending when actions available hits zero...
  • Might be an issue, I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Cool, thx GiL :)
  • Yep, it's a bug :)
    Will be fixed in the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!