• @joeee19
    Not really a bug - the research refunds the costs that are defined, but it doesn't keep the exact instance of what was consumed earlier. It just creates new instances of the defined items, equipment, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove
    Mmmm...
    Then it would be "compatible" or "substitute" instead of "refund".

This is fatally problematic for projects that are building custom skill systems with equipment variables.

Could you please consider an option that would refund it properly?

DeepLで翻訳しました (https://www.deepl.com/app/?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=share-translation
  • @joeee19
    I'll add an option to the refund to store the instances.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove I know this is largely a result of how I have things setup and I'm not sure if there is actually a bug or not, but would it be possible to clear out interaction huds (or provide an option / schematic node) when the interaction controller is disabled and/or another check when enabled?

I feed input to my player controller through a tick machine, and to prevent players from interacting while mid-air, I disable the interaction controller until the player controller returns that it is grounded. However, this leads to a scenario where if you jump in an interaction and move out of the interaction, the interaction HUD remains. So to combat this, in my schematic when I disable the interaction controller I also toggle a game state that is used for all of my interaction HUDs. This works for static interactions, but if you were to run during an interaction so that when it re-enables it is no longer "in" an interaction, the HUD remains displaying:

The interaction HUD does clear out if you enter into another interaction, so fortunately there isn't any duplicating but I'd like to be able to remove that HUD since it's not technically accurate after the event.
  • @Acissathar
    I'll look into it - are you disabling the component or the whole game object?
    Only the component will probably not work, but the whole interaction controller game object should cause the current in-trigger objects to all trigger exit, removing the interactions.
  • @gamingislove The gameobject, however, it's a child gameobject of the combatant. Just has the interaction controller and a box collider trigger on it:

And the part of the schematic just for reference:

• @Acissathar
    Yeah, trigger exit isn't called - will change/fix that in the next update. The interaction controller will remove all interactions it registered when getting disabled.
  • Awesome, I appreciate it :)
  • The Research Trees seem to have a bug.

If you enable "Check Research Count" in the Research Condition of a Research Item, it breaks the structure in the UI Research Tree. It breaks any lines and set it to the top row aka Tier 1.

It doesn't seem to matter what the Check Type is. As long as you have "Check Research Count" checked for that research item it'll keep it in the top row as if it had no requirements.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • @Solkyoshiro
    Yep, currently only checks for Researched or Completed, not research count. Will look into adding that.
  • When loading a game I always want the player to load into the scene called World. In UI -> Save Game Settings -> Save Data Settings I disabled Player Position. This option says it saves the player's position, rotation and current scene. I have entered the name of the scene I want and the ID of the spawn point. However, the player still loads into the same scene that the game was saved in.

I did try a workaround where I save the player position and rotation in my custom save data. Then I use a schematic when loading save data to switch to the World scene. However I need to hide that it loads into the wrong scene first with a long black screen fader.

@gamingislove Could you explain what the Scene Positions option is just below it? I couldn't find it in the documentation. Changing it didn't seem to affect my issue.
  • @TW0
    Sorry for the confusion - those settings are for 'pure' Makinom. When using ORK, it takes control over the player position saving/spawning.
    If you scroll down a little to the ORK Save Settings you'll see an information regarding this. Disable Group Positions in the ORK save settings and you'll have options to define the scene to load :)
  • @gamingislove Thank you! It's working great now. I'm able to save in any scene and always load into the World one, with the last position I saved manually.
  • @gamingislove Upgrading from ORK Framework 3.10.0 to 3.11.1 has caused the Attack, Escape and Skip actions to be disabled. This only happens after the first character has taken their turn. It also doesn't matter which party member it is, even after changing the whole party.

The same thing happens in the tutorial project: