• Excellent, thank you :-) It works as intended now.

Although it's little bit unintuitive to have equipment types just under Status Fork, so thank you for adding it also to Equipment Fork in the future - I bet it will save hours of head scratching in the future :-D
  • Now that we have class slots, it would be nice to have a way to build nice looking Talent Trees like you can do in RPG Builder.

Menu making is still the hardest part of Ork.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • Hi!

Something I'd really like is an option to prevent the user from casting an AoE somehwere there's no target to hit.

For example, right now in Ork, if we make an AoE with a target range ''None', you can freely select where you want to cast the ability. However, if you misclick and end up clicking somewhere no target will be affected, well the player lost their spell.

I think it'd make a great addition to be able to prevent the player from wasting their turn by making sure the spell can only be cast if at least one valid target would be affected within the area.

Thank you :)
  • Request: Leave Schematics open after Play/Stop

When working with Schematics, its tedious to make a change, save, hit Play/Stop, then have to find and re-open the Schematic again to make further changes. Is it possible to just leave the Schematic opened?
  • @Corky
    There's an option for that in Editor > Editor Settings > Node Editor Settings, enable Open Last Schematic to automatically open it again :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove

I have my game's story/dialogue saved in Google Doc files, and the process of editing it into schematics is a lot of work so far. Is there a way to copy and paste large amounts of dialogue text into the schematic editor all at once, but creating separate dialogue boxes?

For example, say we had this:

"Here's some dialogue! Story stuff!"

"Oh really?"

"Yes! It's story dialogue! I'm talking all about it! Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of dialogue!"

"Whoa! No way!"

Right now, I'm manually creating a dialogue schematic node (or duplicating one) and then copying and pasting each chunk of text into the nodes, one by one. (I.e. Creating a node, putting "Here's some dialogue! Story stuff!" into it, then creating another node and copying "Oh really?" in, and then another, etc...)
    Is there any way to expedite that process? Is there any way to copy/paste in multiple bodies of text and have each body create a dialogue node?

If not, would that be a possible feature to implement in the future?
    Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.
  • @LostForest
    Currently not, but something like this (more focused on importing data from dialogue planning tools) is planned for future releases, though I don't know when yet.

Anyway, you can split dialogues into multiple pages in a single dialogue node via page end text codes (< #> without the space), so each part is shown on it's own. Doesn't open/close the UI box, though.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah yes, I've tried using the page end code, but that seems to only work if the dialogue is all from one single character.

Glad to hear that there's a feature planned, though! That would be awesome if it gets implemented someday. Thanks GiL!
    Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.
  • edited November 2022
    For Change Variables - String could we get an option to use the Text - Message Content? I've often fount myself putting text code, sprite data, and other information in strings and it would be less tedious to just have these options available right in the Change Variables node.

Also, could we get a text code to change the portrait(s) image after a page end?
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • When using a battle grid, what if Rotate To Cell could be used on a per-ability basis? I don't like this setting for 3D grid battles because the rotating character has no rotation animation. Assuming it would not be too difficult to add in rotation animations, I'd like to use Rotate To Cell just for certain directional abilities.
  • One suggestion about: Combatants -> ChooseOne -> Inventory & Equipment -> Start Equipment -> Equipment Set 0 -> Start Equipment 0

- First you already choose an equipment slot (e.g. Armor).
    - Then you have to chose the equipment you wand to spawn on the combatant (e.g. Light Armor 1)

Suggestion:
    - Please filter the second (Equipment) pulldown content based on the former selection (Equipment Slot).
    - When I chose Armor I don't have to see all the weapons or other things. It would speed up the setup.
  • @gamingislove Another suggestion about animations.

Right now you can configure Animations for overrides (e.g. movement, cast, attack, etc.).
    These are basic animation styles.

When I want to change animations based on weapon type (e.g. dagger, hammer, ...) I would have to set dagger animations for every animation style.

I'd love an option to set animations based on a weapon type. So when casting with a staff will be different animations as attacking with a dagger vs. sword vs. hammer/mace.

I couldn't find an easier option for this setup. If there already is, please gimme a hint :-)
  • @thomas123 There are a few ways you can go about it. One way is to just create a substate machine in mecanim for all of your weapon specific animations, and create a new animation parameter (weapontype as an int for example) and have your equipment and the like update that parameter value based on what it is. This keeps it all in one animator and lets you keep the non-weapon related animations around to be used.

Another is to use override controllers with your "base" having all of that non-weapon animation information set up, and then your weapon animation controller changes just defining the weapon info in ORK. Here is a post I made where I clarify that this behaivor is expected, what you can note is that my SwordAndShield animation set does *not* have anything defined in ORK, but when called it "falls back" to the Unarmed animation set which does have these defined, and since the information in both Mecanim animators is the same, it works.

If the only difference having a weapon makes is combat related stuff, like damage, attacks, etc. then I would just recommend the first. It would be less work on your end and prevent having to redefine shared animations like movement and the like. If, however, you have all of these animations being different based on weapon then you'd likely want to go the second route and define the animations that are not shared so that you can have appropriate timing information.
  • In stat values ​​it would be great if you could add a custom value or variable to it that you could query in formulas and schematics. I have many stats that can be upgraded and you can become an expert, master and grandmaster. I tried to use this information in custom content but couldn't access it in a formula. There are probably other possible criteria for using a second value.
  • @MM7565
    A status value is a single value, so you'd simply have to set up another status value for this.