edited December 2022 in ORK Support
Hi,
I accidentally deleted the entire ORK folder in Fork. I tried various recovery methods but couldn’t restore them. I had packaged apk and aab files before deletion. Is there any chance for the configuration files in the _Data folder of ORK to be restored from the apk? ? For example which file will they be packaged into?
Post edited by bitmore on
  • edited December 2022
    I'm not sure how, but I'm pretty sure that it's possible. The files in the data folder are just assets in Unity, so this is independent of ORK itself.

You'll need to search for a way to extract Unity assets from the apk.

Also, a good reminder to make regular backups of your entire project!
    I can't count the number of times I lost a lot of work due to not doing this :D
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2022
    Thanks for your help. I'm able to get the assets' raw data(something like JSON string and .dat files). I compared the asset in the project and they seem to have the same structures. But have no idea how to convert these JSON strings to the original asset files. I know it's not ORK issue but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I tried to deserialize the .dat file but it show the error:
    SerializationException: The input stream is not a valid binary format. The starting contents (in bytes) are: 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-01-00-00-00-01
    Is it due to ORK using a custom data serialization?

PS:
    I just update my ORK to 3.10.0 and found that there is no prefab setting in UI->UI Boxes. Can't find it both in my old project or my fresh new project.

Post edited by bitmore on
  • bitmore said: Is it due to ORK using a custom data serialization?
    Probably not, ORK's serialized data is still just byte or string data on the asset, so that's serialized by the Unity asset as usual.
    bitmore said: I just update my ORK to 3.10.0 and found that there is no prefab setting in UI->UI Boxes. Can't find it both in my old project or my fresh new project.
    Check if your UI System Type in UI > UI System is set to Unity UI.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!