So I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle paired animations for stuff like grapples and executions.

They don't quite sync up by just doing the animations with no wait time.

My first thought is some kind of trigger that will make sure they go off together. I also need probably need to make sure nothing else can interrupt the paired animations.
Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • Can you show the setup you're using?
    Schematic, Mecanim, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm using mecanim.

Right now my schematic is pretty straightforward as I'm still tinkering with how.

It's a standard attack schematic and then on the damage dealer I add the victim paired animation as a damage animation.
  • If the damage animation is caused by the regular damage calculation (i.e. damage animation via the damage type of the ability), it'll be played when the damage is calculated.

Are the animations played directly (via Play or Cross Fade) or via transitions/parameters?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I had it via Play.

I don't know if my solution is the ideal either.
  • Hm, if they're simply played one node after each other without wait time between them, they should start at the same time ... how Mecanim handles that is up to Mecanim, though. Also, are their animations actually 'looking' synchronized when played side by side at the same time?
  • So been playing around with it more and still can't get it them to line up well. So I tried the most direct approach of making a Damage Type with the finisher victim animation as the damage.

Still having a hard time with the time alignment.

I'm using Mecanim btw. Prolly just best to send you this test project so you can see.
  • Yeah, probably - in case you arleady sent it while I was out of office, I'll get to it soon(ish) :)