edited December 2022 in ORK Support
Hello again!

Just one of my HUDs will move from the right side of the screen to the left side when the player goes through a Scene Changer object... Any idea why?

I'll attach some photos in case that's helpful.

https://ibb.co/1Xx8LXs
https://ibb.co/G9xdHQW
https://ibb.co/0c4LyXT

time-date-hud-issue-1
time-date-hud-issue-2
time-date-hud-issue-3

Thanks!
Post edited by BapSlambino on
  • I'm also having some trouble with the Button component on a dialogue box prefab i'm using for my game. I have a box with four choices, as you can see here:

button-issue

The player can click on each choice and they work, but when I try to scroll through the choices with the arrow keys, I can go down to "Nevermind" and up to "Talk" with the arrow keys, but not horizontal, and it won't loop around. The "Navigation" section of the button component on my game object doesn't seem to change anything at all -- I even changed it to "nothing" on each button and could still move through the choices in the way I described.

I also tried using "Own Controls" in the UI > UI Boxes menus, but changing those controls didn't do anything either.

This issue may also be tied to my input keys? I might be doing something wrong there, but I'm not sure... I tried to set up shortcuts earlier to be used with the number keys, but those don't work, but will work when clicked on.
  • @BapSlambino For your second issue, if I remember correctly this just needs to be setup in the UI Box prefab that those buttons will exist under:

• @Acissathar that solved my second issue, thank you!
  • Can you post more details on the HUD's setup?
    Mainly the root game object's Rect Transform for how the positioning is set up :)
    Also, the display conditions of the HUD and in case you're using a canvas prefab for the UI layer the HUD is displayed on, details on that as well.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Just leaving a comment here because I spent the good part of an hour trying to find where do the input changes marked by Acissatar actually show up.

It's in the UI Box component of the UI Box, under Input settings, and ONLY WHEN THERE IS A SCROLL RECT SELECTED!

I'm sure I'll be thanking myself later when I forget this information and go looking for it again.

P.S.: Sorry for the necropost.
  • barreytor said: ONLY WHEN THERE IS A SCROLL RECT SELECTED!
    That sounds like a bug :)
    Will fix this in the next update, thanks for reporting!
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2023
    gamingislove said: Can you post more details on the HUD's setup?
    Mainly the root game object's Rect Transform for how the positioning is set up :)
    Also, the display conditions of the HUD and in case you're using a canvas prefab for the UI layer the HUD is displayed on, details on that as well.
    Sorry for the delayed reply! There are no display conditions for the HUD at the moment and I'm not using a canvas prefab for the UI layer it's on. Here is the Rect Transform:

imagetime-date-hud-details-1

Thanks!
    Post edited by BapSlambino on
  • Tested such a setup and works fine on my end - I'll probably need a Unity test project to check this out.
    You can reduce the size by deleting the Library folder from the project - zip it up, upload it somewhere (e.g. dropbox) and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.
  • edited February 2023
    I’m having a similar issue with my player hud from the tutorial. If i change a scene or even go back to the main menu and re-enter game the hud is placed directly in the centre of the screen rather than in the designated position.
    Post edited by cookereptiles on
  • This seems to be an issue when the anchor is set to upper left on the list layout settings. Upper right doesn’t do it
  • @cookereptiles
    Ah, yeah - can confirm that, but only happens if x/y padding is 0, e.g. changing one of them to 1 or any other value than 0 should fix it for now.
    Will be fixed in the next update.

@BapSlambino
    Are you using a UI layout to place the HUD?
  • Oh, removing the UI layout or no longer anchoring it to the upper left solved the issue, thanks for pointing that out!

I haven't set up a UI Layout but I had the default one selected in "Information Settings" portion of my HUD's settings. After switching that to "none" my issue was solved. The default UI Layout settings were anchored to the upper left, so changing that to upper right instead also fixes the issue.

Thanks for helping me figure that out, everyone!
  • Still a bug that needs fixing :)