Hello,

I want to use the Ork Framework only for creating a turn-based system for a 2D game (something in the style of old JPRG, like Final Fantasy, etc).

I completed the 3D RPG Playground and the 2D Grid Battle System, but I don't see it easy to translate the knowledge of these tutorials to my objective (2D turn-based battles). Do you have any pointers, resources, or tutorials about how to tackle this?

Thank you.
  • A new tutorial series for such a setup is currently in planning, but it'll be a bit before it'll be ready. For now, you can pretty much follow the 3D RPG Playground setup, just using 2D instead (so, X/Y coordinates for placement of battle spots, using 2D raycasting, etc. as learned in the 2D Grid Battle tutorials).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2023
    Hello,

Yes that was my idea, I understand that if you are used to the asset this would be basic stuff, but at least for me being new to the asset is not that obvious what things need to be changed to be adapted to a 2D system and I am having a hard time with it.

Do you have an estimated date for the new tutorial series?

Thanks.
    Post edited by cloroplasto on
  • edited January 2023
    If you've done the 2D grid battle tutorials you already know the differences, most of the important setup is in the 1st tutorial of that series.

The rest is just a few things to keep in mind:
    - placement of things is using X and Y coordinates
    - rotation nodes in schematics should use the Is 2D Look At and similar options

The new series will most likely start around mid February.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Really looking forward to this new tutorial series!
  • Thanks for your help, I will check your recommendations for now, but I look forward for the new tutorials :)