edited January 2023 in ORK Support
I've setup animations for my UI to play on open and close via schematics but I'm running into a bit of a hang up. In most menus this will work fine calling the animation on the UI via selected data with a Data Key 'UI' but when using a menu like an overview menu with a button list and calling a menu option it doesn't seem to find the correct animator when using the 'UI' selected data as it seems to take it from the parent UI?

I've tried setting to object up as an actor and playing the animation that way instead but it still doesn't seem to recognize it when it's opened up via button list as another menu at the same time as the overview one being opened.

I also tried setting it up via the 'Change UI Scale' node but it doesn't change the scale of this opened UI from the button list. It is being set as Selected Data Key 'UI' in this case as well.

So essentially what would be the correct way of selecting a UI Menu that holds an animator that is opening from another menu button list while that original UI stays open?
Post edited by supportreport1 on
  • The data key is ui, i.e. lower case letters.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2023
    Yes I am using the lowercase 'ui' for a data key.

When a menu from a button list is opened on top of a previous menu (like an overview menu) and calling a close animation with that ui data key it won't play the animation. This plays when the menu itself is opened and closed by itself with the ui data key but only doesn't fire off when it is opened from the button list and is opened at the same time as the previous menu.

I did end up just disabling the animator on the opened ui menu from the button list and then used a scale change node with the same data key and that works but still the animation itself won't execute via just using a play animation node. But this does work for my use case, just don't know if the current way it works is intended or not in terms of the open button list menu being called.
    Post edited by supportreport1 on
  • The open/close schematics are used when the UI box is opened or closed, so if the UI box is still open, it'll naturally not play it's closing animations. All of that is independent of where the UI box is opened from or used for and just tied to the UI box being opened or closed.
    Did a quick test (simple fade in/out schematics with movement) and that worked fine for a menu screen that's opened by another menu while having both open.

Btw, the UI Box component has settings for playing animations directly when opening or closing the UI box - see the Open State Change and Close State Change settings on the component.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I see, I believe that clears some things up then as I was utilizing On Close events for the UI Box but utilizing the wait toggle for it so I believe that was the culprit.

Thanks for letting me know about the Open / Close state changes on the UI component as well, appreciate your help as always.