• @TW0
    Make sure to also check the release notes for other updates between your current and new version. ORK 3.11.0 has some informations for that.
    Most likely due to the change regarding not using Auto End Turn in turn based battles.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove Thank you! Sorry, this isn't the first time I've reported an issue that was mentioned in the patch notes.
  • edited January 2023
    Hi @gamingislove

I'm getting a hard freeze-up of Unity.

Have inventory container slots menu and an equipment menu with shortcut slots (equipment List HUD on a grid).
    Inventory slots submenu has call key set to None.
    Menu item on submenu action-Use has Use Key -> Right click.
    In effect making it so can right click to Use from that inventory.
    It works fine to equip equipment and use items.

Once I turn on Inventory --> inventory containers --> General settings --> notifications for free slots / no slot remaining, Unity freezes up when I right click equipment in inventory container.

Left click drag/drop to and from equipment menu has no issue, the notification displays fine (1 slot remaining, no slots remaining).

Right click hard freeze of Unity, mouse cursor stuck on game-cursor even when mousing outside of Game tab, can't click on hierachy/inspector/other tabs, CTRL+P does not stop play mode, no error messages in console.

Disable the Free slot notifications, issue goes away. Obviously I just left it turned off now so no biggie but that is the first lock up I've had happen so thought I should report it. Thanks!

Ork 3.10.0
    Unity 2021.3.8f1

Edit: Just want to add to this that if I set up the starting equipment so that upon starting the game there is 1 slot left for example, the notifications display fine without incident.
    Post edited by GeneralK on
  • @GeneralK
    Did some tests but wasn't able to reproduce it.
    Could you send me a small Unity test project where this issue occurs? You can reduce the size by deleting the Library folder from the project folder - zip it up, upload it somewhere (e.g. dropbox) and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2023
    MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'HUDComponent' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.HUDComponent.UpdateLayoutPosition (System.Single delta) (at <525346225096415fbefb47e945a444dd>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.HUDComponent.Tick (System.Single delta) (at <525346225096415fbefb47e945a444dd>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.BaseUIHandler.Tick (System.Single t) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.BaseUIHandler.Tick () (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Maki.FireTick () (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.MakinomHandler.Update () (at :0)

this happen quite frequentrly and freeze the game since i added world space canvas on my combatants. I'm using 3d grid battles.

EDIT:
    i removed inversed cursor over and the problem seems resolved
    Post edited by Zayetj on
  • @Zayetj
    Tried recreating the issue, but works fine on my end.
    Can you give me more information on the HUD's setup (including the prefab) or send me a Unity test project where it happens?
    In case you send a project, you can redruce the size by deleting the Library folder from the project - zip it up, upload it somewhere (e.g. dropbox) and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.
  • mail sent
  • I have a question about the compatibility of Ork with some features of 2D package.

I first used a simple way to create animator controller and animation for player, combattant, NPC, enemy... etc. Animation is based on Sprite and I use override controller for other character.

I discovered the use of Sprite Library and Sprite Resolver components (see screenshot)
    animation is made with Sprite resolver change
    It save a lot of time when doing several enemy who have exactly the same animator controller and animation, only the sprite sheet changing.

It works well in the game: animations are playing.
    But I have thousands of warning like theses :

I don't know what to do. The animator doesn't need parameter to work !
    Is the problem in Ork ? Or in my way of using sprite resolver ?
  • @Canelle
    This is coming from ORK trying to set a float parameter that doesn't exist on your animator controller. Most likely you've set up Auto Parameters in your ORK animation setup (e.g. forwarding the move speed to a parameter) - either remove that setup or add the parameter to your animator controller if you need it.
  • @gamingislove I have found the parameter solution. Thank you. The cause was some modification in settingsI did for testing. But I forgot to put the right settings back.
  • edited February 2023
    v3.12.0

Mecanim Animation copy is temporarily shallow, causing name and property sharing until split

I found it following the new 2D tutorial: https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/2d-rpg-quickstart/02-player-setup-2/

Repro:
    1. Go to ORK window > Base/Control > Animations > Add Mecanim Animation. Fill fields as in the 2D tutorial (animation type: Attack, add Play/Stop with Attack)
    2. Click on Copy under Mecanim Animation 0: Attack
    3. Observe that copy is still named "Mecanim Animation 0: Attack", not "Mecanim Animation 1: Attack"
    4. Change animation type to something else (like Use if you added it following the tutorial). You can also change Play/Stop parameter
    5. Note that both entries now changed to "Mecanim Animation 0: Use" and the fields inside changed at the same time (shallow copy)
    6. Copy the second entry
    7. This time, a split occurred: the second entry is numbered as 1. But both first entries still use the "Use" parameter, and "Attack" disappeared from the fields
    Post edited by huulong on
  • @huulong
    Not happening on my end, which Unity version are you using?
    That should also not be possible at all (programatically) - the copy button will create a new instance and set it's data by basically saving/loading the data from the copied instance, so there's no connection between them at all.
  • edited March 2023
    After updating from ORK 3.7 to 3.12 the HUD Tooltip component doesn't trigger for Tooltip check - Equipment.

HUD Equipment List that shows a prefab that has that tooltip attached.

I remember you fixed it in 3.7 but now it's broken again.

Unfortunately, can't downgrade, because the AdvancedContentSorter class doesn't work in 3.7.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • @Machal
    Working fine on my end - make sure the equip HUD prefab is set up correctly, e.g. the HUD Tooltip component using the content provider of the prefab.
    Downgrading isn't possible once you saved with the new version, even if you import a lower version some data changes might have happened that can't be downgraded and will be lost.
  • edited March 2023
    @gamingislove

No, you shouldn't test it in some menu screen which has tooltip enabled. Do it in a separate HUD component.

1. While in some menu screen canvas, put an empty game object and put HUD component there.
    2. Inside the HUD create another game object with HUD Equipment List component.
    3. Put some prefab in there with 'Force prefab' enabled.
    4. That prefab will have HUD Content Provider with HUD Tooltip and Button with child object some content.
    5. ORK will recognize the content when it changes but fails to reference the tooltip component with it being an 'Equipment'. I can see my equipment icon in the list when I equip the item on the character. But Tooltip thinks, there is no equipment at all.

This was working in 3.7.
    Post edited by Machal on