So not sure if it's an issue in my combatant model or an issue in my setup for my settings.
Every time I use my custom model to spawn in using the simple schematic for spawning in the new game, my character is always floating.
When I put my model into the scene without spawning it in, it stands on the ground just fine.
I tried checking my meshes, colliders, and root. All in place, and with the bottom of the feet being the root of the model.
I checked the spawn point to make sure it had place on ground checked, and tried taking it off.
I tried adding navmesh and colliders to the spawn, didn't work.
The only thing that did work, was adding the root of my model as the child of object root in the combatant settings, but then I can't move.

Any idea how to fix this?
  • If you're using one of the built-in player controls, it's most likely using a Character Controller component for movement (unless you set it up differently for some controls). If you don't have that one added to your prefab, one is added automatically, but usually not placed correctly.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So it was definitely having an issue with the Character Controller, yet my prefab already has one, but when I run the scene, it still gives it a new one on top of it. Is there a way to take this away so it uses the one based off the prefab?
  • Ok, I think I may have figured out how to fix that last question. I'll do some edits to the controller now and see if it works. Thank you
  • Sounds like your prefab's controller isn't on the root of the prefab - if your root isn't what's moving, you also need to set that up in the combatant's prefab settings to let ORK know that a child object is the moving object.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So I got it fixed. Yeah I had to make some adjustments to the Character Controls in the Combatant itself as well as put the Character Controller I was adding directly to the prefab towards the top of it's components instead of assigning it to only it's root. Then I had to adjust the height of the Character Controller. Once I finished that, the prefab spawned properly, and I was able to adjust the Terrain Collider Behavior to make sure my Combatant wouldn't fall through the Terrain.

Thank you for your help. If you hadn't suggested the Controller, I would have been looking for a while.