Hello,
I’ve come up against a strange issue. When the game first starts there is an issue with the ui box disappearing. For example: one the start menu I select load, select a slot but then press cancel, the start menu doesn’t reopen it disappears, however this is not consistent once the game is running, it will do what it’s supposed too after a while and reappear. Also the in game main menu doesn’t always appear once the game is loaded, sometimes I have to press the call key several times before it works. Once it works it stays working as intended.

Have I done something wrong with the prefabs or settings?

Cheers
  • After some further testing it seems this is linked to just the start menu ui box, if this box is called later it causes issues. I’ve made a different box, tried already working boxes all with the same result. If I click load and cancel the start menu ui box doesn’t reopen, also if I start the game and exit back to the main menu, it also doesn’t reopen. Anything using the same ui box runs into issues as well but all my ui boxes work when not used for the start menu.
  • I’ve figured a workaround for anyone else having this issue. Add a very slight wait time on the start menu call, it seems to stop the problem.
  • Might be related to using schematics to animate opening or closing the UI box.
    E.g. if your closing schematic fades out the color but the opening schematic doesn't fade it in again, it'll stay that way when reusing the old UI box (they're kept around for reuse to improve performance).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, but I’ve not specified any schematics to use.
  • By any chance, do you have Start Game enabled in your ORK Game Starter in the scene?
    If the game is running, the main menu will not open.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Nope, I only have a game starter on the main menu screen and only entering the game from there.
  • That was the one I was talking about, make sure that doesn't have Start Game enabled :)
  • It’s not enabled
  • Using variables in a hud seems to expand the it to full screen
  • edited February 2023
    Also, putting < level >in the description as per the hud tutorial doesn’t display anything, although < name > works
    Post edited by cookereptiles on
  • cookereptiles said: It’s not enabled
    Can you send me a Unity test project where this happens?
    You can reduce the size by deleting the Library folder from the project's folder - zip it up, upload it somewhere (e.g. dropbox) and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.
    cookereptiles said: Using variables in a hud seems to expand the it to full screen
    Probably related to a but that was discovered last week - you probably have some error messages in the console.
    Will be fixed in the next update
    cookereptiles said: Also, putting < level >in the description as per the hud tutorial doesn’t display anything, although < name > works
    Make sure you're using the ORK HUD Status Text Content component (via the context menu ORK Framework > HUD > Content > Status Text variants) not ORK HUD Text Content component.
  • Make sure you're using the ORK HUD Status Text Content component (via the context menu ORK Framework > HUD > Content > Status Text variants) not ORK HUD Text Content component.

This worked, thank you