So I have recently completed creating a demo for my game and have made a full working build; however when I went to purchase the asset off the unity store, and updated the files to remove the watermark, the update ends up breaking my setup. The main part I noticed, which puts a big halt in my first schematic to complete, is that once I pick up one item, it won't let you pick up anymore.

Long story short, I decided to revert everything back to my fully working changeset and settings, but it brings back the old update of Ork/Makinom.

How can I add only the necessary pieces to remove the watermark, without losing my work. Too much time put in to just start back over.
  • edited March 2023
    Replace Dll only xx\Assets\Gaming Is Love\Makinom 2\DLL\
    Post edited by ranwang520 on
  • Hm, how did you update the project?
    Usually, simply importing the paid version via the Unity Package Manager should work. This replaces the limited version's DLL files with the paid version files.

Are there any conflicts shown in the import window or error/warning messages in the Unity console after import? E.g. if the file GUIDs of the DLL files don't match between free and paid version (which they usually do), it'd result in importing the new files as separate files instead of replacing the current ones - this leads to issues.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I can attempt the option @ranwang520 suggested.

@gamingislove I ran the update using the package manager. And it is weird that unity did not give me any errors.
    Once I updated using the import manager from the package manager, it updates the following files:

Makinom 2/DLL/Editor
    -Makinom2Editor.dll
    -Makinom2Editor.UnityUI.dll
    -ORKFramework3Editor.dll
    -ORKFramework3Editor.UnityUI.dll
    Makinom 2/DLL
    -Makinom2.dll
    -Makinom.UnityUI.dll
    -ORKFramework3.dll
    -ORKFramework3.UnityUI.dll
    Makinom 2
    -MAKINOM_CHANGELOG.txt
    -MAKINOM_README.txt
    -Makinom_Source_Code.zip
    -ORK_CHANGELOG.txt
    -ORK_README.txt
    -ORK_Source_Code.zip
  • I attempted to just import the DLL files, still does the same thing.
  • Looks correct - the only other thing I can think of is: Did you import the source code (from the source code zip files) into the project? That'd cause issues.

Otherwise, I'd need your project to test updating it and see what happens.
    If you're willing to send it to me, you can reduce it's size by deleting the Library folder from the Unity project's folder. Zip it up, upload it somewhere (e.g. dropbox) and send me the download link to contact@orkframework.com.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'll try to do it without importing the source code zip. I do believe it is being imported as well.
    If this doesn't work, I'll be sure to send you a zip of the project.

Thank you for your help.
  • The zip files can be imported, just don't extract the zip files (i.e. the source code projects) into your Unity project. They're separate projects to build the DLL files, and having both the DLL files and the source code in the project will lead to issues (since ORK is added twice through that).
  • @gamingislove So I was finally able to fix it. So I did as you said and updated without the source code, and it fixed some of the issues, but for some reason it was still giving picking up items an issue.
    Double checked the items in the scene and for some reason it was rewriting all similar items with the same Scene IDs. So I went through and updated the Scene IDs and it looks like everything is set straight now.
    If I come across something else, I'll let you know, but I think it should be good now.

Thank you so much!