edited March 2023 in General Support
Hi, is it possible to use the HUD to display what is the maximum number of items that can be held in the current inventory?
Or is there a text code book?
Post edited by ranwang520 on
  • Sure, in HUDs, you can display this via the ORK HUD Status Text Content component. The Inventory Space status type has text codes for that.

Also, the ORK HUD Value Bar Content component can use the Inventory Space value type to display the filling of the inventory as a value bar.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • What if I want to display the limit of individual items? For example, if the current item can only be stored in the inventory with 100 pieces, I want to show the current quantity/maximum limit.

I only found the maximum number of stores showing the current overall inventory and the number of stores
  • Hm, I don't think the individual item's limit is currently available like that ... I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2023
    Well ...... might have a small question, like the current weapon or ability level setting, if the weapon or ability has level 100, do I need to add a new level of ability or weapon 100 times?
    What I'm trying to say is that my weapon or ability can be upgraded, but the number of upgrades is a lot, or is there another way to reduce the workload? Like something like a 【status development】 feature?

[Ability Development] function seems to be different from what I thought, I thought it was similar to [State Development] ......
  • Ability/equipment levels are there to have different setup per level, so yeah, you need to set up each level individually for that.
    However, you can also create a custom system using the ability/equipment variables and schematics. E.g. having a level variable to define the level, give status value bonuses to equipment via schematics, drive damage calculation of an ability using the ability variables, etc.
  • Thanks for your answer, but I have one more quick question... In terms of process manufacturing, can you choose to delay when making things? Like it takes three seconds to make that sword?
  • Sorry, maybe I have a bit too many questions ...... and a small question ...... how can I adjust the parameters of the camera with the editor running? I can adjust the parameters on the Main Camera directly, but it doesn't include the parameters of some of the components on the Main Camera.
  • Crafting recipes can use schematics - e.g. the schematic you can use in Ingredients can have the crafting wait for the schematic to finish. So, the wait time can be set up in schematics.
    Otherwise, research trees can also create items, equipment, etc. and consume stuff to do so - they can use time-based progression.

As for the camera: You can adjust settings directly on the camera, it has the components for that. However, those changes will not be saved.
  • edited March 2023
    Hi, sorry to interrupt you again ......

Presumably, using the ability adds an extra 3 seconds of invincibility, and I've created a status effect that prevents negative Hp changes for 3 seconds.

In Abilities → [User Settings → User Changes] I have set up an invulnerability effect that adds invulnerability when the ability is used.

But why is this effect added to the user only after the target has been hit?

I didn't check [Target Hit Only], the target type of the ability is enemy and the range is none, because the ability itself deals damage to the enemy, but gives the user an invincibility effect while dealing damage.
  • User changes are done after target changes, because they can depend on if a target was actually hit.
    You can also do changes on the user in the target changes by using the Switch User/Target setting.

Alternatively, you can add it to the use costs status changes, they're used before the target changes.
  • I see, so I misunderstood the meaning, thanks for the answer!
  • An unexplained error occurs occasionally, but once it appears, the whole game is stuck and won't move, I don't know what the problem is, the following is the error message, the project I am running is [3D Action RPG]

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.ActiveBattleMenu.Show (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] list, System.Int32 selection, GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.BattleMenuMode mode, System.Boolean restored) (at <a41d5d5c53fd42e3886c4922e1bc5bf7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.ActiveBattleMenu.Show (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] list, System.Int32 selection, GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.BattleMenuMode mode) (at <a41d5d5c53fd42e3886c4922e1bc5bf7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.AbilityBMItem.Accepted (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatant owner, System.Boolean useGroupTarget, System.Boolean useIndividualTarget) (at <a41d5d5c53fd42e3886c4922e1bc5bf7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.ActiveBattleMenu.StartTargetSelection (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.IShortcut shortcut, System.Boolean blockBattleCamera, System.Boolean useGroupTarget, System.Boolean useIndividualTarget) (at <a41d5d5c53fd42e3886c4922e1bc5bf7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.ActionSelection.UseAbility (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatant user, GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.AbilityShortcut ability, System.Boolean checkTime, System.Boolean checkUseCosts, System.Boolean checkCanUse, GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.ControlMapTargeting targeting, System.Boolean blockBattleCamera, GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.BaseAction& action) (at <a41d5d5c53fd42e3886c4922e1bc5bf7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.ActionSelection.GetAction (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.BaseAction& action, GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatant combatant, System.Boolean checkTime, System.Boolean checkUseCosts, System.Boolean checkCanUse, GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.ControlMapTargeting targeting, System.Boolean blockBattleCamera, System.Boolean cancelOn2nd) (at <a41d5d5c53fd42e3886c4922e1bc5bf7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.ControlMapKey.PerformAction (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatant combatant) (at <a41d5d5c53fd42e3886c4922e1bc5bf7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.ControlMap.Tick (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatant combatant) (at <a41d5d5c53fd42e3886c4922e1bc5bf7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatant.ControlMapTick () (at <a41d5d5c53fd42e3886c4922e1bc5bf7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.ORKControlHandler.Tick (System.Boolean interacted) (at <a41d5d5c53fd42e3886c4922e1bc5bf7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.ControlHandler.Tick () (at <b210e4bc15a54809b7b03c71d12d761b>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Maki.FireTick () (at <b210e4bc15a54809b7b03c71d12d761b>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.MakinomHandler.Update () (at <b210e4bc15a54809b7b03c71d12d761b>:0)

• In the 2d project, I used auto-animation for the combatant, but the idle animation is still executed when the combatant is moving ......
    Also, when auto-animating, when the combatant is moving and I release a skill, if the combatant is still moving it switches back to the default idle animation.

I don't want to enable auto-animation later, but I don't know where to set the movement animation, I'm not a hybrid tree type of animator
  • Seems like it's coming from the battle menu. The 3D Action RPG tutorials don't use a battle menu (or UI boxes in general), so that's just not set up in the project. If you want to add it, you'll need to set up a UI box and use that in the battle menu.
    You probably have an ability that wants to call a target selection and needs the battle menu for that. The actions of the 3D Action RPG tutorials are all without target selections, so the battle menu wasn't needed for that setup.

The 2D projects don't use auto animations because the animator setup handles that based on passed on move speed and rotation parameters. If you want to use auto animations instead, you'll need to create a compatible animator setup.