edited March 2023 in ORK Support
Hello,

I am currently having a small problem with active turn based battles but on a grid game system.
To put it simply, I only tested via the editor and not in build, but when I launch the editor, a little more than half the time the battle does not start at all.
I put node logs to try to clarify this and in fact the "start game" schematics works correctly but the "battle start" schematics does not start but it is random, because without touching any parameters sometimes the battle launches, sometimes not. I admit that I do not understand where the problem can come from knowing that there is no error message on the console or other.
Another problem when the battle starts, the number of players is correct but only 1 enemy spawns despite a manual adjustment of the fighters as in the 2D grid tutorial.
Also, cell events don't seem to work either.
I tried to apply a status effect (effect on apply+not stackable) when the character move over or move to the cell but nothing triggers on the character (checked with the inspector on the character)
Post edited by omeegaa on
  • How is the battle started? E.g. if you play directly in the scene and the battle automatically starts immediately, it could be that the battle tries to start before there is a player, so it can't start.
    A short Start Delay time in the Start Settings > Auto settings of the Battle component could solve that.

How did you add the enemies to the battle? When adding multiple combatants/groups to the battle itself, make sure to enable All Groups/Combatants in the battle's Combatant Settings. Otherwise the battle will use one of the added combatants/groups randomly.

Did you use a Grid Cell Event node in your grid move schematics? How's it set up and how should the cell events start?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2023
    I have almost the same settings as the 2D grid battle tutorial.
    I tried to start the battle via a main menu which loads the scene and also to launch the scene directly via the editor.
    There is an auto start settings with a delay, I tried several delays such as 0.1/0.3 and 1 second.
    I also tried with the "scene is loaded" but the problem persists.
    edit of this part : after checking the box to put all the combattant,it seems to work properly.Is it possible that the system took to much time to choose a combattant and this way preventing the battle start?

For the combatant I forget to check the all Groups/Combatants box .

For the grid move schematics I have exactly the same as the one in the tutorial.
    As for the cell events themselves, I configured move to and move over to trigger the event, and both at the same time on some cells but nothing happens as if the check did not work.

I use a 3D configuration with a character controller to move them.
  • omeegaa said: after checking the box to put all the combattant,it seems to work properly.Is it possible that the system took to much time to choose a combattant and this way preventing the battle start?
    No, more likely one of the combatants/groups that can be selected by the battle has 0 health at the start, i.e. is dead and no battle starts.
    omeegaa said: For the grid move schematics I have exactly the same as the one in the tutorial.
    Tested it to make sure and it works fine here.
    Check if you're using the correct cell and combatant in the Grid Cell Event node, and that it's used before selecting the next cell on the path.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2023
    Ok I've deleted the schematic and redo the whole things and its working now,I don't why it was buggy but at least it works now
  • Hard to say without seeing the schematics and the node setup - it was probably some node or setting just being wrong :)
  • edited March 2023
    I'm pretty sure I checked a box and I shouldn't, common mistake I make when I'm tired ^^
    Can you tell me if there is a way to have a turn order HUD with actual turn + next turn?
    I'm using some stats to determine who will do the next turn, but I don't see any preview option to see who's next instead of emptying the queue and then refilling it all at once at the start of a new turn.

also is there a text code to display on the HUD the name of a class equipped in a particular class slot (multi class)? I found a lot of things but not this possibility (which is updated if the player changes class)
  • No, turn order HUD only shows current turn - Multi Turns is different, since there are no real 'turns' there.

The ORK HUD Status Text Content component has options for class slots.
  • Ok got it.
    In fact what I would like is to display the name of the class equipped in the classlot A, B or C according to my needs, for the moment with this component I can only display the class contained in the first class slot , other classes are not shown and I don't see code text like or something like that.
  • Well - what are those needs?
    E.g. the HUD Condition component can be used to enable/disable parts of your HUD prefabs (i.e. the game object they're on and their child objects) to use different setups based on those conditions.

Generally, displaying class slots in your HUD works just like e.g. displaying status values. You can list them using the HUD Class Slot List component or display a single one using the HUD Class Slot (Content Provider) component.
  • I've already try this class slot yesterday but no display.I found the problem,the prefab for the HUD was set to "status value" and not" class" ^^"
    Thanks for the guidance =)