Hello Gil!

In a grid battle, how can I make Building-type Combatants work like Shops.

The idea is to be able to buy Troops, Weapons and Armor depending on the Combatant of the Building type.

The Store Layout and Store have already been created.

I created a battle skill with a node that checks the combatant and another that checks its type... Then I created an "Is Shop Open" node and selected the desired shop.

In the grid battle I use the skill of the Combatant Building indicated, but nothing happens.

I would like the skill to open the desired Shop Menu and when buying the Equipment, it is already automatically equipped, as long as there is space.
  • Is Shop Open checks if that shop is currently opened/displayed (like a menu being opened). To actually call the shop and buy/sell in it, use the Open Shop node instead.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hello Gil!

Thanks for the feedback.

I added an Open Shop node and nothing happened.

The nodes in my events are:

Event Settings
    wait
    Combatant Check
    Open Shop

I'm in a Grid Battle and I select the skill from the Tutorial Battle Menu.

Is there a setting somewhere in Ork that prevents stores from opening during battles? I don't remember well.
  • Oh, wait, you're using ORK 2?
    I think that limites opening shops via events to game events, so if this is e.g. used in a battle event it'll not work. Otherwise, there shouldn't be anything preventing the shop from being opened.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2023
    Hello Gil!

Oh sorry, forgot to mention. Yes, I'm using ORK 2.

Is it possible to make a Combatant work as a Shop/Store on the battle grid in Ork 2?

If yes, how can I do this on the battle grid?

I ask because it wasn't clear to me.

Thanks
    Post edited by Vykthorius on
  • As said, in ORK 2 works the same way, but:
    gamingislove said: I think that limites opening shops via events to game events, so if this is e.g. used in a battle event it'll not work. Otherwise, there shouldn't be anything preventing the shop from being opened.