edited March 2023 in ORK Support
Hello!:

Sorry to bother with this because I guess its again a silly mistakes.
I tried to display information on a HUD ,most are working well but some other like ; hit chance of the ability,target changes(how much hp will be lost by the target) and status effect that the ability will produce.
The HUD itself works ,lot of other stats works too but when I am selecting the target(wich trigger the target HUD),theses infos don't show up.In the inspector under makinom>HUD , I can see the gameobject use to display theses informations but the component textmesh pro of these particular gameobjects are empty.

here is a screenshot of the hierarchy when selecting a target(gamestate that display the HUD at the bottom right)
https://imgur.com/a/iHTYCxf

for example the hit chance that should simple to display /all theempy stats have this textmesh proUI empty:

https://imgur.com/a/Bx4015Q

I let you the prefab I use for this :there a player HUD(user) and a target HUD (target):

https://1fichier.com/?h712qbhg82sjjyxmi9yg

Really I don't get it,even the default UI prefab are set so if you can make some light on this ,that will help me to understand ORK better ;)

Also there is an aspect that bothers me in relation to the grid shape displayed when choosing the skill.
I want the range of skills to be a status value (which will be modifiable with buffs and debuffs) but in the gridshape options we can only define a fixed value or "none" which is supposed to use the range settings.
I have configured my range settings so that the maximum range is my status value but no grid is displayed to determine which target can be attacked. Also I want to combine this factor with a line of sight (I found the parameter) .
Does putting a value of maximum range in status value (via the battle range template) prevent you from seeing the range of the attack?
Post edited by omeegaa on
  • edited March 2023
    Previews aren't automatically available on all combatants - this has to be set up in UI > Text Display Settings > Status Preview Settings.
    E.g. if Only Player Group is enabled in the combatant settings here, only player group members will use previews.

Grid highlights are only used when the use/affect range uses a grid shape. Using None to use the regular range settings will not use grid-based ranges, not displaying any highlights.
    You can use conditional use/affect ranges in your abilities and items to use different grid ranges based on conditions, e.g. a combatant's stats.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2023
    So suddenly I went back to review all the parameters in text display, I checked as many boxes as possible to see if something more was displayed, indeed after having unchecked only player group one more info was displayed, the "hit chance" info with the text code but the problem is that the info is displayed on the HUD of the target and not of the user, it is almost the same HUD so I tried with exactly the same 2 HUDs, the problem persists the value is displayed (but remains blocked at 100 whatever the value of the ability in question) but only on the HUD of the target.

As for the preview of the damage and the status effect, it is not displayed at all even if the associated gameobject is active as if a support was missing for it to be displayed on it (as for the hp bars for example) .
    I also specify that the default prefab are well put in UI system and UI settings.
    The configuration seems correct to me but nothing is displayed without me being able to understand where the problem comes from.
  • Well, yeah, hit chance is on the target, not the user.

As for other information - based on your HUD prefab I looked at, I'd suggest taking a look at the simple player HUD tutorial to see how status values and status effects can be listed.
    Your prefab just had ORK HUD Status Text Content components added, but to display a status value or status effect, they need that content provided to them via their Content Provider setting. Your prefab just had the HUD's root used there, i.e. using the combatant itself.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2023
    On your advice I looked again at the tutorial for the HUD.
    So I also redid prefabs as indicated by this method in (for prefabs) this time.
    I was able to make some progress, the chance hit is now displayed where I want it and with the right value (I had checked critical chance so it was always at 100%)
    .I also managed to display a value in preview for my HP but the value indicated is not the right one and by far (always more or less -45/50 whereas I put that the attack is 10 damage )but the value of the damage done to the target is the good amount when I look the inspector.
    In the status value UI I used a bar of "status value with +- changes(for prefab)" instead of "status value name+ value(single)"

EDIT: edit for the part where the preview doesn't display correctly.

I have two characters with one (1 playable and the other AI) start value of 60 in the same fighter (status value settings) + the primary class which gives a hp bonus depending on the class.
    The amount of HP is calculated correctly but the damage in preview gives the value in hp of the class bonus, on the contrary I have the other enemies who do not have this starting bonus of 60 (only difference) and for them the damage are calculated correctly but the max hp bar is set on the maximum that I entered, i.e. 400.
    Is there a bug here?
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong but the goal is to have characters with basic stats (random ) to which will be added the bonuses of their classes via a development status.
    So far to do it I've set a formula in combined value that give this result explained above.I managed to make it works only when I create 1 status dev for the combattant itself+ 1 status dev in the classes but with this way my characters can't have a random value for their base stats instead of a fixed one.

Do you have an idea why this data is not the right one and is variable (every time I change target and return to the initial, this value changes)?

Concerning the display of the status effect in preview I did not succeed in displaying anything, the active status effect is displayed well on the other hand.

So to be very clear if I have to use a HUD>content>status Text Content what steps do I have to follow so that the data chosen in the text code is displayed?
    For example whats wrong in this? Does the yellow area has to be filled?:

https://imgur.com/a/VlbS1sP
  • Status effect previews are not listed by HUD status effect lists.
    Also, a status effect in a HUD can only be displayed via a status effect list component, that spawns prefabs for each status effect. Adding a status text content component and set it to Status Effect can't display anything here.
    The yellow field in the UI Content component doesn't have to be filled - this component is there for distributing content information to other components that display it (e.g. text, icon). The HUD options here are mainly for use in UI boxes in inputs, e.g. adding HUD content to a button.

As for the status value previews - that's hard to say without knowing your status value setup. Could be a bug but could also just be an issue in e.g. your combined value formula. Not sure why you need a combined value for this, though - can't you just give the bonus to a status value directly?
  • edited March 2023
    Ok so there is now way to display the status effect that will occur if the skill hit the target ?
    So if I understand correctly most of HUD status text content can't work with a HUD(ie in battle in my case)?

For the status value preview I figured it out and could be a bug.
    What I am about to say happen only if the status value has 'combined value' check and if the formula has a status value node set in "current" , if I set to "base" the problem don't occur.
    If these parameter are together 2 things happen , the maxhp is not at the good value( don't seem to use the 2 status development I have one for the character and one for the class equipped(multi slot) ) and the preview seems to be the value set in initial value of the development (mode formula)of the class instead of the value(damage) in the abity.

Here a picture with the formula working by selecting base instead of current.
    https://imgur.com/a/3uOccoH

In this formula I tried to set a base amount of Hp Using the Value node with random Value depending of the type of combattant + the Current MaxHP representing the status development of the character +classes + any bonuses from equipment or consummable item for example.

Meanwhile I succeed on how to set up all of this following theses steps:

1/set a status development for the character but set value lv1 to 0(in my case the max hp)
    2/ set a status development for the classes with normal value
    3/Use a schematic in thecombattant>general setting >init schematics
    I used this schematics : https://imgur.com/a/PNN5m7I

• omeegaa said: Ok so there is now way to display the status effect that will occur if the skill hit the target ?
    Not as part of listed effects in a HUD, but they can be listed as part of the user/target change texts. The content of those (e.g. < targetchanges> text code that's available in some parts) is defined in UI > Text Display Settings > Status Change Display.

As for the status preview - I'll investigate.
    Might be the case - the combind values are calculated after the others, so the HP could be limited by the previous uncombined max HP first.
  • Tested it and works fine here - I'll need a test project with your setup to see what's going on.
  • edited March 2023
    edit : Ok I will send you that tommorow on your mailbox ;)

I'm sorry but can you be more specific?
    If I need to display the effect of a skill during target selection and it doesn't fit within the scope of the HUD, am I supposed to use a UI box with the HUD component status text content?
    As seen on one of my images, the configuration of the display status changes, I think it is well configured.
    The other image shows the current state of the target's HUD (same info for the active player's HUD during this turn).
    The HUD contains a status value list in status value list main + a status effect list (both redone following the tutorial according to your advice) + a set of text codes that work except the last two.
    The first is on the screenshot with the HUD, the second is in status type 'status value' with the textcode '' in default content. For the latter I think I have a solution so only the display of the status effect of the skill that will be used interests me.
    What is wrong with my setup and how should it be changed to make it right?

https://imgur.com/a/aHEfJzZ
  • As with the other HUD information, Ability can only display for ability content - your HUD displays for a combatant, not an ability.
  • Ok I think I understand what you mean.
    So I did two things:
    1/ create a HUD with an ability list + add a status text content "ability" and copy then paste this HUD at the base of my already existing HUD.
    Now I have the name of the skill which is displayed using the prefab which is in shortcut setting>default UI settings>default ability UI.
    The only problem is that the information is only displayed when I select a certain enemy and not the others. However, these are copied and pasted from the first (which is selectable), only the name, the prefab which represents them and classes change, some share common classes.
    Why would this only appear on 1 of the enemies (always the same)?
    I specify that my text display settings I did not set a dummy but all the text codes are.
  • Well, the ability list gets the abilities from the combatant the HUD displays, so if a combatant doesn't have the ability it'll not be displayed.

Try using content provider components to get other content and feed that to your HUD components.